Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi SP CLI Request APPROVED!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi SP CLI Request APPROVED!!

Since this is a common thread within the forums, I decided to share my experience thus far with Citi.

My data points are below and aside from that, I also want to mention that I have a baddie (car repo from 4 years ago) and now the remaining balance has went to collection. However, it is only showing currently on my TU report. Not sure if it will still report to the others and is just delayed or will only report to TU. Hoping for the latter.... (wishful thinking, however it has been two weeks since it reported to TU so maybe there is a chance.... crossing my fingers!)

So, about two days ago, I noticed the SP language finally showed on my Citi account. I opened this account in April (end of April) this year and my second statement just cut a couple of days ago. So, technically, haven't even had the card for a full three months (90 days). My SL with the DC was $6.1K. I'm supposed to be gardening (terrible at this) and recently slipped and apped for a new Amex card (HH) hoping I would get a better SL after seeing the pre-approval language under my Amex account, but was given the measly $1K again. I was denied my 3X CLI on my ED after the 61 day mark prior to apping for the HH card. It's also important to note though that because I travel, by the time I activated that card and started using it, it was already 30 days in to the account opening. So of course the denial letter stated, "Not enough experience with Amex" or something along those lines. I know sometimes those low SL's with Amex take a while to grow, but that they do eventually. So, I'm going to try again for my 3X CLI on my ED at the end of this month (91+ days) and we'll see if Amex shows me some luv this time. If not, I'm just going to be patient and keep putting a lot of money through the card as I've been doing and PIF each month until Amex sees I'm a responsible card holder.

Anyways, now on to Citi.... so I've been putting heavy usage through this card. My first statement balance cut with $2,500 and I PIF'd that by due date. This month my statement cut with a $3,500 balance and I have not paid this yet. I seen the SP language and decided to go for it since it is so soon and I've seen on the forums here that some have had some good luck with SP's before the 6 month mark with Citi.

Low and behold I was instantly approved for another $2,000!! This brought it from $6.1K to $8.1K! They did offer the HP for more, as they always do, but I decided I'm good with this limit for now and don't want to waste the HP.

Went on a bit of an app spree after my credit started working for me and I'm trying to garden a bit (trying is key word here....ughhh).  Not to mention, my third statement just cut with Disco and I'm waiting to see if they show me some auto luv so I can try out the infamous Disco DD. Will update back on this later once I see what happens....

Thanks fellow forum members and I hope this info helps someone. If you need any more details, let me know. Always happy to help!! Smiley HappyHeart

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi SP CLI Request APPROVED!!

Congrats on cli. I just got an auto cli on my citi Costco. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the congrats!! Smiley Happy

I need to start gardening now, but I'm still at it Smiley Indifferent

Just got approved for the VS Card through Comenity. Only $250 SL, but I know it will grow. Only reason I got this card is because I do heavy shopping at this store and will be able to take full advantage of the rewards. The only other store cards I'm even interested in are the AE Credit Card and then Wal-Mart.

Message 7 of 8
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the bump! Good luck with Disco, hope they are even more generous!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.