Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Simplicity Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Simplicity Approved

Applied on Monday for the Citi Simplicity since I wanted to transfer my $7000 PRG balance so that I had a bit more time to pay it off.  Now I have almost 2 years to pay it off with 0% interest.

Initially applied for the slate, but Chase wanted me to unfreeze TU - didn't really want them to pull TU since it had 4 new inquiries from last month - so that got denied but no HP.

Citi pulled experian which at the time was 744 I believe, although the approval page stated that it was 749 (perhaps different model than what CCT shows).

In any event, was granted a pretty great SL of 11.2K, far more than I expected.

I wasn't expecting an instant approval either based on my experience with my Chase Ritz app.

I thought I was going to have to call and try and get a CLI at least up to $7000.

Was planning on PCing the card to something else after the 2 year mark, but I've since learned that I can't PC the Simplicity.  Oh well.  APR isn't bad at 16.24%, although higher than my Discover and NFCU.

More about the whole process here

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Simplicity Approved

Citi Simplicity isn't allowed to product change?

Congrats anyways!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct: nothing can be PCed to a Simplicity, and Simplicity can't be PCed to anything.

Congratulations though, it is a very good BT card. Even after the promo rate ends, you will still get frequent 12-18 month 0% BT offers and checks in the mail. They've also given me 3 months of 5% back on clothing, electronics, toys & department stores, and 1.99% purchase APR promos two years in a row on that card. Pretty neat.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys

@Anonymous wrote:

Even after the promo rate ends, you will still get frequent BT offers and checks in the mail. They've also given me 3 months of 5% back on clothing, electronics, toys & department stores, and 1.99% purchase APR promos two years in a row on that card. Pretty neat.

Did not know that about the Simplicity!  Even more excited it about it now!

Message 4 of 12
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct: nothing can be PCed to a Simplicity, and Simplicity can't be PCed to anything.

Congratulations though, it is a very good BT card. Even after the promo rate ends, you will still get frequent 12-18 month 0% BT offers and checks in the mail. They've also given me 3 months of 5% back on clothing, electronics, toys & department stores, and 1.99% purchase APR promos two years in a row on that card. Pretty neat.

Wow. thanks for the info on Simplicity.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 6 of 12
thummel
Established Contributor

Decided to check out citi too? Congrats on the approval!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thummel wrote:
Decided to check out citi too? Congrats on the approval!

Yep, thanks for the suggestion!

Message 8 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes unfortunately the Simplicity is one product that cannot be PCd because of the unique fee / penalty APR setup.

That said, it still serves a purpose for a time for some people.

Message 9 of 12
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied on Monday for the Citi Simplicity since I wanted to transfer my $7000 PRG balance so that I had a bit more time to pay it off.  Now I have almost 2 years to pay it off with 0% interest.

Initially applied for the slate, but Chase wanted me to unfreeze TU - didn't really want them to pull TU since it had 4 new inquiries from last month - so that got denied but no HP.

Citi pulled experian which at the time was 744 I believe, although the approval page stated that it was 749 (perhaps different model than what CCT shows).

In any event, was granted a pretty great SL of 11.2K, far more than I expected.

I wasn't expecting an instant approval either based on my experience with my Chase Ritz app.

I thought I was going to have to call and try and get a CLI at least up to $7000.

Was planning on PCing the card to something else after the 2 year mark, but I've since learned that I can't PC the Simplicity.  Oh well.  APR isn't bad at 16.24%, although higher than my Discover and NFCU.

More about the whole process here

Congrats on your approvel very nice SL! Do you know if Citi also pulled your EQ for approval,as they have been know to do with other cards?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.