Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Student Card Approval with 3k CL!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Student Card Approval with 3k CL!

Hey all, today I got approved for my second credit card -- the Citi Rewards+ Student Card with a $3000 credit limit!!! (And my Experian only went down 3 points from the hard inquiry!) I am thrilled. Just 9 months ago I had no credit history and Discover approved me for their secured card with a $200 credit limit. I recently graduated to nonsecured with a CLI to $1800, and decided I would apply for a second card. I'm a college student and my income (including money given from parents) is just $15k or so, so this is a pretty big limit for me!! Looking forward to graduating and getting a real job so I can apply for one of the Amex cards...my dad has the platinum and the metal card is just...so...mesmerizing... Anyway just wanted to share with people who also get excited about this kind of stuff! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Student Card Approval with 3k CL!

Congrats on your approval and successful start to your credit journey! You're doing great, keep up the great work! 😊

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 3 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I got approved for my second credit card "

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the killer SL for your 2nd card!!
Message 5 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Awesome SL too.

I love the way the Citi Rewards+ card looks. Is it just me?

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 11
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Way to go on your new start, congratulations!!!! Continue to learn from others on this site and you will be light-years ahead in the long run...  Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new student card Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!! I’m honestly super excited and proud about building my credit history and showing I’m responsible (and of course bringing my score up as much as I can)!! Started at 677 back when my Discover It opened, now up to 756! Everyone who has given me advice has been so helpful and knowledgeable about this stuff, I am glad that someone recommended I apply for a student card (was turned down by Amex everyday due to too low income, sad).
Message 9 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

BIG  CONGRATS  on your Citi Rewards+ Student card Approval and the AMAZING SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.