Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi TYP...APPROVED!!!

tag
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Citi TYP...APPROVED!!!

Well after posting my earlier thread today "Credit profile needed for Citi???" and receiving all the feedback I went for it. Instant approval for $6.5k!!! Highest CL yet. Now the real question. Should I push my luck and go for the Citi Dividend before calling it a night?
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi TYP...APPROVED!!!

Congrats op! Read ur earlier thread...do u know which of your reports they pulled? Nice cl too

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 2 of 21
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
Well after posting my earlier thread today "Credit profile needed for Citi???" and receiving all the feedback I went for it. Instant approval for $6.5k!!! Highest CL yet. Now the real question. Should I push my luck and go for the Citi Dividend before calling it a night?

No! Citi will cancel the second app. Wait MORE THAN 24 hours. If you mess it up you are waiting even longer. I got popped for two apps in one day, never got the second card and was told multiple times on recon calls and in a written reply that you can't submit more than 2 applications in 60 days is automatically a denial. In other words 3 applications in 60 days is a denial with no HP. 

Message 3 of 21
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Thanks!!! They pulled Experian. Even though I found it strange that their credit range showed scores up to 900. Must be some enhanced FICO model?
Message 4 of 21
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

@ scenery_guy...I'll be waiting then. Thanks for the info!
Message 5 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! I believe Citi has a larger window than 24 hours between apps. Someone chime in but I thought it was like a month?
Message 6 of 21
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Ok...seriously it's been a fantastic run. In the last 30 days approved for the following:

AMEX PRG-NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Sig-$5k
Chase Sapphire Visa Sig-$5k
FNBO AMEX-$6k
Citi Thank You Preferred-$6.5k

But...it's time to stop. I just had to go for the Citi tonight to recover from the dismal disappointment of being turned down on my AMEX BCE app yesterday. How do I officially join the garden???
Message 7 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just go on ver to the garden thread and say 'I'm here'. We will take care of the rest.
Message 8 of 21
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
@ scenery_guy...I'll be waiting then. Thanks for the info!

And thank you for the reminder for me to reapply for the AA Visa. It's been 97 days after my debacle trying to get the Hilton card and the AA card on the same day. I got the Hilton card instantly with $8,500 limit but never could get the AA card on 2 recon calls and 1 letter. Fast forward to tonight after reading and replying to your post. I looked up my recon notes for my reply and saw it's been plenty of time. Applied and instant approval for $11,500. 

So use my example, sure you can apply for the new card in 30 days or 60 days but I gave them over 90 and showed usage ($6K over that span). 

Remember no more than 2 applications in 60 days - whatever that means?!?

Message 9 of 21
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Got it. Thanks!
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.