Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi ThankYou Premier with 60k SUB

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Citi ThankYou Premier with 60k SUB

Was approved for a Citi ThankYou Premier card. Unknown if it's a Visa or a Mastercard. [Update: it's a World Elite Mastercard]

Apparently got in by the skin of my teeth, as starting limit is ony $3k, and interest rate is super high 25.49%. They pulled EX.

Should be useful, as I use one of their travel partners, and also can redeem on their site for 1.25 cents per point.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi ThankYou Premier with 60k SUB

Congrats on the approval!  I'm not shocked by the APR, mine was similiar years ago.  I actually got my APR reduced 5% after a couple years of use with Citi which was a plus.

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats SJSmiley Happy Maybe its the Citi SJSpecial ( 3k) 😁
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Citi approval!

tenor.gif

Message 4 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats @SouthJamaica. Depending on the terms you were approved, it should be either a WMC or WEMC.
Message 5 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Congrats @SouthJamaica. Depending on the terms you were approved, it should be either a WMC or WEMC.

@Anonymous're right, @FinStar, it's a WEMC.

Message 7 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats @SouthJamaica.  We're twinsies!  I got mine back in early April with a $3,000 SL and I just looked and my APR is 25.24%.  I was a little shocked at that because my first Citi card about 18 months earlier was like twice the SL, less than half the APR (12.24% to be exact), and my scores were about 40 points lower back then due to utilization.  The low SL doesn't make the SUB easy to hit, and I challenged myself to hit it only with 3 and 2 categories.  Check the Request A Credit Line Increase screen for the soft pull language regularly.  I think it changed from HP language to SP language aound 60 days for me and they gave me a 50% CLI to $4500. 

TYPs aren't everyone's favorite, but I find them VERY easy to rack up (especially with the recent targeted 4 extra TYPs when using PayPal for 5-7 TYPs per dollar, and the fact that we have season passes for a couple of theme parks which get bonuses), they transfer to Virgin Atlantic and Air France/KLM just like MRs/URs/Marriott, and worst case I can use them for 1.25 cents to book revenue flights that go towards obtaining/maintaining elite airline status for my family.

Message 8 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats @SouthJamaica.  We're twinsies! 

@I'm honored @K-in-Boston

I got mine back in early April with a $3,000 SL and I just looked and my APR is 25.24%.  I was a little shocked at that because my first Citi card about 18 months earlier was like twice the SL, less than half the APR (12.24% to be exact), and my scores were about 40 points lower back then due to utilization.  The low SL doesn't make the SUB easy to hit,

Tell me about it

and I challenged myself to hit it only with 3 and 2 categories. 

You're more disciplined than I am Smiley Happy I've been using it helter skelter. 

Check the Request A Credit Line Increase screen for the soft pull language regularly. 

Yeah definitely.

I put in an inquiry through Chat to see if they would move part of my limit from the DC but the answer was no we don't do that kind of thing Smiley Happy

I think it changed from HP language to SP language aound 60 days for me and they gave me a 50% CLI to $4500. 

Well I will certainly be looking for that welcome change Smiley Happy Although, in truth, once I have the SUB taken care of, it doesn't matter about the CL for me because I'm not a big spender on personal cards.

TYPs aren't everyone's favorite,

I had no interest in them until I realized that they were my best way of picking up JetBlue points.  And then I learned that they're not bad on direct travel redemption either.

but I find them VERY easy to rack up

Yeah they have by far the most generous definition of "travel" I've seen

(especially with the recent targeted 4 extra TYPs when using PayPal for 5-7 TYPs per dollar, and the fact that we have season passes for a couple of theme parks which get bonuses), they transfer to Virgin Atlantic and Air France/KLM just like MRs/URs/Marriott, and worst case I can use them for 1.25 cents to book revenue flights that go towards obtaining/maintaining elite airline status for my family.

Message 9 of 12
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, my first thought was to reallocate 7-10k from my Diamond Preferred card when I paid off the 21 month balance transfer, but unfortunately Citi treats all reallocation requests as CLI requests on the receiving card.  You can call to speak with an analyst to get it done, but unless you're just at a financial cap with Citi, you're essentially just asking for a HP CLI.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.