Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi- Who is running that place? Sheesh! UPDATE

tag
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Citi- Who is running that place? Sheesh! UPDATE

I am beyond frustrated with Citi..Smiley Mad

Have had the Costco card 2 years, request a cli, declined.

Here's the kicker- they're using a report that's very old- had one collection from 2011, that was removed (it was NOT mine).

They cite; Derog for denial..  I call, ask them to please do a HP because their info is old & inaccurate;

They say they CAN'T pull my CR?? HUH?

They now explain I must get all 3 CB's to FAX them info that this neg is not on my report! HUH?

I ask for supervisor that repeats this silliness. 

I have to get CB's to PROVE a NEGATIVE? IE: Watermelon is blue inside until you cut it.. 

Is this really my job? Smiley Tongue

This is just beyond ridiculous - they could do a hp in seconds, with my blessing but they won't..

I called the EO, spoke to a very nice lady who will have a manual review done and I gave my blessing to do the hp.. 

**Shaking my head at this** No other company, NONE has refused to do a hp and check my credit...

Perhaps I don't like this card much after-all.. Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi- Who is running that place? Sheesh!

Am I ever so glad I don't do biz with these guys. I feel for you.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's some Alice in Wonderland stuff there, and you probably blew their minds asking for a HP. This is what happens when humans no longer have influence over decisions in favor of algos.

You are fortunate that you even know of the existence of the EO, most non MF folks would have probably given up. Good luck on the CLI!

Message 3 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's some Alice in Wonderland stuff there, and you probably blew their minds asking for a HP. This is what happens when humans no longer have influence over decisions in favor of algos.

You are fortunate that you even know of the existence of the EO, most non MF folks would have probably given up. Good luck on the CLI!

I know right..

I was literally shocked..Smiley Surprised

True that.. I only know about the EO and recons from reading this forum!!

Thank heaven for My Fico!! 

And Thank you, I have my fingers crossed.. 

Message 4 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dang, sorry, I'm not a big fan of Citi either. I can't get a sp cli on my DC for the life of me, heck even a hp is unobtainableSmiley Wink. I know that's not much a reason to dislike them but I have a feeling another redaction I tried recently also has met with them seeing my name and tossing it in the reject list. Again sorry to hear about the bad experience.
Message 5 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dang, sorry, I'm not a big fan of Citi either. I can't get a sp cli on my DC for the life of me, heck even a hp is unobtainableSmiley Wink. I know that's not much a reason to dislike them but I have a feeling another redaction I tried recently also has met with them seeing my name and tossing it in the reject list. Again sorry to hear about the bad experience.

Thanks AJC..

I really like the extras from the Costco Visa for shopping there but I might just start using my NFCU or US Bank Cash card at Costco now.

That entire exchange was surreal. 

Citi keeps sending me preapprovals for the Double Cash card, had considered it.. Wouldn't touch it with somebody else's report now. Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I cut ties with them years ago when the EO said they didn't care about my long history with them. I didn't have any baddies, but they wouldnt give me a CLI because my score wasn't where they wanted it to be. I asked if they were willing to risk losing a long time client and brand ambassador (I work for a company they co-brand with). They said yes. "So, your clients are just data, the numbers are the only thing that matters?" She answered yes so I closed my account and won't endorse them or our co-branded product.

Message 7 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I cut ties with them years ago when the EO said they didn't care about my long history with them. I didn't have any baddies, but they wouldnt give me a CLI because my score wasn't where they wanted it to be. I asked if they were willing to risk losing a long time client and brand ambassador (I work for a company they co-brand with). They said yes. "So, your clients are just data, the numbers are the only thing that matters?" She answered yes so I closed my account and won't endorse them or our co-branded product.

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Surprised

Wow.. I don't even know what to say.. That's really crappy..

Sorry that happened to you. 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My days with Citi are long past, but they are on my shortlist of lenders I won’t do business with again. Back when I had them, everything was a hassle, CS was terrible and they were by far the “coldest” lender I dealt with. 

Message 9 of 18
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I just don't even know what to say about what the OP has posted...and I read earlier about where they requested 4506-T to get card approval. I've not had any issues with them yet, but my antannae is up now...are they trying to be the new Synchrony or Comenity or even going head to head with Credit One maybe? As far as customer service goes, I think AMEX and Discover still lead the pack, although I have not been disappointed with Capital One. Barclaycard and TD bank have both been unimpressive to me. The Chase Amazon Prime Visa Signature card is my absolute favorite card though...buy a lot through Amazon.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.