cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi- Who is running that place? Sheesh! UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi- Who is running that place? Sheesh!

I made sure my credit report was spotless before applying for my Citi card because I heard Citi can have some Crap 1 tendencies like bucketing your card in the same credit score you had when you first opened the card. Reading this makes me glad I did. Not cool...

Chase and American Express, on the other hand, are my favorites in customer service right now with Discover in close third. Discover would be triple tied for first, however while they are very nice, they don't budge on a lot of things...and a polite and friendly no is still a no. Chase and AMEX have been killing it with my customer service since I joined them. I rarely hear no from them or hang up feelings PO'd Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Meh. I still have a bad taste about Amex as well. They had to overnight me a replacement gold card and it kept going to someone other than me. The CSR accused me of fraud when someone tried to use it at a gas station. On the final attempt, my neighbor brought it over to me when it was delivered to them instead.

Message 12 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I cut ties with them years ago when the EO said they didn't care about my long history with them. I didn't have any baddies, but they wouldnt give me a CLI because my score wasn't where they wanted it to be. I asked if they were willing to risk losing a long time client and brand ambassador (I work for a company they co-brand with). They said yes. "So, your clients are just data, the numbers are the only thing that matters?" She answered yes so I closed my account and won't endorse them or our co-branded product.

Smiley Surprised

Smiley Surprised

Wow.. I don't even know what to say.. That's really crappy..

Sorry that happened to you. 

I shouldn't have closed it as it was one of my older cards, but I felt offended and now it was about principle.lol. it is what it is. I'll get another Citi card one day, but I'm not in a rush to.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SOGGIE wrote:
Am I ever so glad I don't do biz with these guys. I feel for you.

Ditto. Between things like this and their political agenda I'm feeling pretty good about ditching the only card I had with them.

Message 14 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

UPDATE:

As I posted I contacted the EO with my issues, they were so nice.

I woke this morning to an alert of a HP on EX which I had given my blessing to do, good news is: they increased my credit limit to exactly what I requested!

Twas a $5000. increase (I was still at my SL of $2000. so it's my first cli with citi, I'm happy.)

Few of my DP's: scores are in my siggy

3 inq each CB

No baddies & zero lates.

UTI < 3% over all cards

My AAOA is not so good at 1.5 years as I opened a PenFed Promise Visa very recently. 

Moral is Recons & EO calls ARE definitely worth doing..

Thanks again to My Fico & all you great peeps for teaching me this valuable lesson!!!

CHEERS all...

Message 15 of 18
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

UPDATE:

As I posted I contacted the EO with my issues, they were so nice.

I woke this morning to an alert of a HP on EX which I had given my blessing to do, good news is: they increased my credit limit to exactly what I requested!

Twas a $5000. increase (I was still at my SL of $2000. so it's my first cli with citi, I'm happy.)

Few of my DP's: scores are in my siggy

3 inq each CB

No baddies & zero lates.

UTI < 3% over all cards

My AAOA is not so good at 1.5 years as I opened a PenFed Promise Visa very recently. 

Moral is Recons & EO calls ARE definitely worth doing..

Thanks again to My Fico & all you great peeps for teaching me this valuable lesson!!!

CHEERS all...

CONGRATS Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on not giving up! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the increaseSmiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.