Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi & BOA post BK13...long memory? Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi & BOA post BK13...long memory? Update: Approved

My BK13 was DC in Mar 2017...there is no record of it on any of my CR. But...as I sit on the blacklist for Amex, I’m worried BOA and Citi might do the same.

Has anyone gotten back in after BK13 with either bank after IIB once CR we’re clean within 2 years of discharge?

BOA did recently finance an RV loan for me at their best rate...so they at least allowed me collateral lending.

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi & BOA post BK13...long memory?

If you IIB'd Citi and/or BoA, yes - very long, long memories; regardless whether the BK is no longer on your CRs.

A variety of folks have been able to get approved eventually. In some cases, the memories can be permanent, though. It just depends.
Message 2 of 13
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I included Citi in a ch7 2005, they finally gave me the simplicity card this year 2018 but I have been denied every other card after the intial approval and the "previously deliquent account with them in past" is always cited. Now my DH was able to get the home depot card this year 2018 , but is denied for every other citi card with the above reasoning. So yes they have a very LONG memory.

BOA still denies me to this day ( same reason) and I never had an account with them per say, but I must have filed on an affiliate?? Ditto very long memory even if it was an affiliate.

Clear as mud huhSmiley Tongue

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I burned Citi on a Home Depot card in my BK13.  Since then I've been able to pick up the Citi Simplicity, Diamond Preferred, Double Cash, Home Depot (again) and the Best Buy Visa.  They weren't instant approvals in the since that I got an automatic reply but were in the since that I called, they sent a text, and approval was given over the phone. 

So yes, there is life with Citi after burning them.  I burned them for less than 300 bucks in my BK13...was never late with them but the BK attorney threw all of my debt in the plan...even current debt. 

Message 4 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi forgives. I burned in bk7 10 years ago and i now have legacy and retail. Getting high limits though i just lolSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Citi forgives. I burned in bk7 10 years ago and i now have legacy and retail. Getting high limits though i just lolSmiley Wink

They slowly started to like me.  My Simplicity started $1200 and is now $7300, Diamond Preferred started at $4100, and is now $7800, Best Buy started at $2k and I requested an increase to $10k, was granted although I gave up an HP for that one.  Double Cash started at $3k and is now $12.2k.  In another post I mentioned that I want to PC my Diamond Preferred to something else, maybe the Citi AAdvantage but I also wouldn't mind having the sub on that one.  

Gonna decide what I'm going to do as I currently fly Alaska Airlines and have their card but they partner with American Airlines and I've used miles to snag an awards seat with them.   Decisions decisions...

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage Exec World Elite Approval $21K

I’m so shocked I almost can’t believe it!

Instant approval for this card with a SL of $21K. I’m not quite 2 years post BK13 discharge (all clean Reports)

Double HP on EQ & EX. Scores are both 750-775. 5 HP on EX and 4 on EQ in last 6 mo. Salary $175k with 12% Util.

I’m quite certain citi was on my IIB list....crazy approval. I’m Exec Platinum with AA so this 75K point sub will come in handy to add to my point stockpile!
Message 7 of 13
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Exec World Elite Approval $21K

Congrats on getting back in with citi! That’s a monster SL!!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 8 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Exec World Elite Approval $21K

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So....citi apparently isn’t holding a grudge. Approval for the AAdvantage WEMC tonight with a $21K SL. I almost fell out of my chair!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.