Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi approved

tag
Omw800
Contributor

Citi approved

I was encouraged to apply for new credit recently due to my recent approvals for credit limit increases and I’ve received several invited from well sort after cards. I thought I’ll take the hard pull and apply for a lower tier card to be on the safe side. I Applied last night, I didn’t get an instant approval— it was the dreaded 7-10 day decision. I thought I wasted a hard pull, no darn way.
I called this morning and the representative said they needed to verify my address to process my application. This made sense, I’m actually in the middle of moving. I was put on hold for a few seconds, I was approved after.
Negatives on my credit
56% debt to ratio
Auto loan (lease) paid
(1) 1 year old late payment
(1) 2 year old late payment
(1) Inquiry
New personal loan (36 months)
Fico score 8
Experian 691 Equifax 690 Transunion 690

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi approved

Congrats on approval and what was your SL !!!!

Message 2 of 10
Omw800
Contributor

I was approved for 2300 which is low but fair considering my track record in the past. I explained i pay my balance in full every month and Ive been invited to other tier 1-2 card and the SL is low. The rep told me when I get the card, I can request a manual increase as long as I do it within the first 90 days for a soft pull.

Message 3 of 10
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Omw800 wrote:
I was approved for 2300 which is low but fair considering my track record in the past. I explained i pay my balance in full every month and Ive been invited to other tier 1-2 card and the SL is low. The rep told me when I get the card, I can request a manual increase as long as I do it within the first 90 days for a soft pull.

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval, the Very Nice SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy Citi can often give low sl for many, even good credit. I wouldnt take a csr word that an additional request to increase sl would be sp within 90 days. Most likely will be another hp. Just take caution
Message 5 of 10
Omw800
Contributor

I thought it was odd that she didn’t do the increase herself considering I call the EO number. She also mentioned that all reps are suppose to tell you if it’s going to be a hard or soft pull. I’m also think about applying for another Amex but with the 5/24 chase rule has me moving with caution. I’m undecided if I want a chase card because it’s a hard pull every time unless it’s an internal cli.

Message 6 of 10
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Nice approval!
Message 7 of 10
Merlin3482
Contributor

Congrats on approval and what was your SL! 

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Omw800 wrote:
I thought it was odd that she didn’t do the increase herself considering I call the EO number. She also mentioned that all reps are suppose to tell you if it’s going to be a hard or soft pull. I’m also think about applying for another Amex but with the 5/24 chase rule has me moving with caution. I’m undecided if I want a chase card because it’s a hard pull every time unless it’s an internal cli.

If a Chase card is beneficial to you then yes, you got to play by their rules, 5/24. If not, get cards you can enjoy and utilize without worrying about that rule. 

Message 9 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.