Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi custom cash approved

tag
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Citi custom cash approved

This morning I was preselected for at least 4 citi cards I chose the custom cash card and I got approved for 6800 and lowest Apr 16.24. This is my first card w Vito can you guys give me some insight on what it's like as a citi cardholder 

dp pulled eq fico 8 770 fico 9 799 uti 2%don't know if they used fico 8 or E9917C8A-46FA-4AB3-BF56-F67425AC99E8.jpeg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi custom cash approved

Congrats on the Citi approval.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 16
MeN5
Regular Contributor

Thank you

Message 3 of 16
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CITI CC approval🎉🎉🎉

Message 4 of 16
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! I've enjoyed being a Citi cardholder, thus far. In fact, I've liked the Custom Cash so much, I converted my Double Cash so I could have a second Custom Cash.

Out of curiosity, what category are you going to use it for?

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 5 of 16
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Citi card approval! That low APR is a nice feat!  I got 17.24 a few months back, but with the rate hikes it looks like I'm now up to 19.24 or so.

Citi insight... I've only been with them a few months now, and have had minimal direct interaction with them, but I've been very pleased with them so far.  I did have some issues upon activating the card where it kept failing to create the account and activate, and was in an in between state, then it locked me out from trying.  I had to call their tech support.  It was a ton of menus to go through, but a human (with an Indian accent) picked up without any hold time and was very helpful in getting it cleared and then I was up and running.  I'd advise using the website to create the account/activate and do not do it through the mobile app even though they encourage using the app.  The website is a lot more stable.

Other than that, no issues, everything works well, I PIF and pay multiple times, just got a CLI, payments are reliably posted as received, the app is good (except account creation), Virtual accounts works great (I use it, you have to set it up on the website not the app).  I can't say anything about their customer service outside technical support, but the card/account and app experience I like a lot! 

Message 6 of 16
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@Cashbackjunky Honestly idk has more than likely 

Message 7 of 16
MeN5
Regular Contributor

@uncredited @Thanks for the info I had been holding out on getting a citi card mainly cause I couldn't get preapproved lol now are future cards a hp or so like Amex? How do you know if you can get a sp Cli? 

Message 8 of 16
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

Future cards are hard pulls, so no amex like "risk free" apps unfortunately.

CLI, on the website or app, if your select "limit increase" it will specifically say that your credit report will not be obtained.  If that's there you're good!  I originally thought you need to wait six months but discovered the first one can be sooner, then every 181 days after that.  You may or may not get the cli, but it won't be an hp if it says specifically that the report won't be obtained. It's nice and simple!

Message 9 of 16
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi Custom Cash approval

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.