Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi rewards + 5400 sl. Pre selected to apply

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi rewards + 5400 sl. Pre selected to apply

Got my 2nd pre selection from Citi this week first was for the diamond card.
I ended up taking the Citi rewards + 15,000 ty points sub. I was instantly approved with my highest revolving cc limit by far 5400! (3000cl DCU Visa closest cc). Had a 23 apr after promo..but I have seen approvals on here with similar or worse profiles and figured I'd get a decent sl. After the first 1000 is spent I'll most likely be using it for small purchases but do want to PC to DC next year so I'll put decent spend on it..
I would have waited for better a DC offer but usually no SUB. So hopefully next year after my Disco 2% runs out I'll be able to PC my rewards + To the DC.
Loving me some CITI right now!!
I did deposit 15,000 in Citi bank account when I opened last month for the 500 bonus..
Dps-
Uti-7
Pulled Tu. 2 scoreable inquiries Great for me but shocked..
Aaoa 10
Aoya 2months 2 cards.
Aooa 25
Oldest cc- 15
9 open 5 closed accounts all but 1 in past 2 years. Most were opened past 16 months.
With this sl makes me want to get the Diamond card I was pre selected for...is that to gready? My aaoa will only be affected by less than one month..
I shouldn't. Thanks 😊

10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi rewards + 5400 sl. Pre selected to apply

Grats on your new Citi card!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouscarefully weigh cards like the Citi Diamond Preferred. Unless you have a need for the BTs it is relatively useless with no real rewards. Citi has other cards such as the Rewards+ which you just signed up for, Double Cash and many travel cards that gives you real rewards and Thank You Points or Cash. Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dinosaur ty Honestly the comment u made about comparing it to Disco in ways stuck in my head. Lol ty. I had a good feeling about the starting limit.
I shouldn't have even wrote about the diamond card I knew I didn't want it I was pumped because my rewards+ starting limit may nudge my other lenders to give CLI.
I mostly got the card figuring I just got two cards in May figured why not have 3 age together.
Apr- thats what credit unions are for. No I'll be slowly plucking away at all my cards apr whenever possible. Thanks again dinosaur.
Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Citi Rewards approval, the Very Nice Sl, and Welcome to the Citi family!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Nice SL, congrats on the approval!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ty all.
I did not plan on doing any BT with this card. But I'm interested in depositing it to my bank account if anything the interest will offset the bt fee...
Say I did a 1000 balance transfer to my bank account would they look at it the same or similar as if I did a normal bt? What I'm asking is would it help my card growth more if I did this bt than if I did no bt? I want to make sure to put enough spend on each card to keep credit limits.
I didn't expect a 5400 sl and I don't want my limits slashed. I plan to put 300-600 spend/ month through this card... Is this enough? I could put much more through card per month but also want to Max rewards.
This card will take over for my cap1 QS card. I know I'll lose a tiny tiny percent of cb but that card is stuck at 500..
Will put a charge on qs every 2-3 months to keep open..
Am I over thinking this bt thing? Will my credit limit get slashed if I only use this card for small purchases? Even though that is obviously what the card is made for. Thanks
Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy if you go for Diamond, give it at least a week ( 8 days +) or two before tryingSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It honestly did cross my mind for a moment thinking it would be a decent starting limit but don't have any other use for card.
I have heard alot about people having to take a 2nd hard pull after approval to get best credit limit with citi. Since this is my highest card I don't know how much luck I would have. Maybe that's only if you have other cards at say 10k and Citi gives you a 3k sl...
I am very happy with my limits on my cards, and hope to never need to Max out cards, but you never know.
I don't know if I should push the growth of my cards right now or not but it's what everyone does right? I know my cards will grow but right now I put anywhere between 3-6k/ month through all my CC's and store cards. Most goes to Amex gold, and my 2nd Disco. 3-500/month w/ Amazon store card. Is 3-6k spend/month enough for my 26,000 total revolving credit limits??
I'm done with applying for this year, working on growing Amex, Disco , and Citi cards, I thought I would have CAP1 out of my life but now they will own Amazon store card soon...O well
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.