Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank/Bestbuy 3yrs post BK

tag
padme
Established Contributor

Citibank/Bestbuy 3yrs post BK

Its been 3 years post BK7 (burned Citibank for 4 accts) thought i was still blacklisted, but took a shot at the VISA. App got a $2k limit, no RECON. I try for a new card every once in a while, just got the BOA 99/500 secured one last week. Anything is possible if you keep at it i guess. scores all barely above 620 or so.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citibank/Bestbuy 3yrs post BK

Nice! Congrats on approval! Enjoy!!
Message 2 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Message 4 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 12
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats, and thanks for the data points when it comes to the Citi Best Buy Visa/Card.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 6 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 12
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! So there is hope after BK with Citi Co branded cards! I'm hoping to get a Citi Costco card, with a four year old BK.

Congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Good start on your new road back.

Congratulations!

Message 9 of 12
padme
Established Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Congrats!! So there is hope after BK with Citi Co branded cards! I'm hoping to get a Citi Costco card, with a four year old BK.

Congrats again!

I was hoping for a Costco card before this app, not even sure why I did it, but after failure for a Sears card last fall, still surprised. In the denial I got last year. it said reason for denial was previous acts. Hope this helps, also CU under 20%, 4 cards showing 0 balances.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.