Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank CLI- Rookie Mistake

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

Citibank CLI- Rookie Mistake

Really ticked at myself for making a mistake regarding a CLI request on my Citi Costco card.  Periodically, I check in on that account to see if I am eligible for a CLI on my $5,500 CL.  The answer has been "no" for quite a while, always due to a discharged Ch. 13 that was finally deleted from my reports.  

So, fast forward to this past week, log on, like I tend to do, check to see that I am eligible to request a CLI without any impact to my score, so I do.  Immediate increase of $3,000, bringing my limit to $8,500.

I admit that I was surprised and probably a little dazed since I'm so used to seeing "no".  Then I noticed a message asking if I would like to request more.  In my dazed state, I think, "Sure, why not?"  It asks how much more I'd like, I request an additional $3,500 for an even $12,000 and hit send.

At that moment that I realized that I was going to get a hard inquiry and I'd been gardening since September 2017.  I immediately called back to see if it could be reversed.  I'm also trying to keep my reports squeaky clean since we are refinancing our house.  The CSR was very helpful, but in the end, said that once the request is made, there is no way to undo it.  

Bummed about the hard pull, bummed that I have to start gardening all over again.  Happy ending though, they raised my limit to $12,000- my highest yet- 22 months post DC.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank CLI- Rookie Mistake

Congrats on the CLI. Too bad about the HP, but at least it was approved.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Wishing for some of that Citi love to come my way lol

Message 4 of 7
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the CLI. Too bad about the HP, but at least it was approved.

Yeah...that's what I was thinking, at least I got the increase.  It could have been a hard pull and no love, so ultimately all is good.

Message 5 of 7
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Random fun fact: That credit union credit card looks verrrrry familiar

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 6 of 7
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:
Random fun fact: That credit union credit card looks verrrrry familiar

Loved that design.  Wish they hadn't done away with it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.