Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank DoubleCash CLI @ Activation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank DoubleCash CLI @ Activation

So, I recently received my Citibank DC card, and made my standard new CC purchase of a 12 pack of beer, but I decided I was unhappy with the starting limit of $1200 so I hit the online CLI button(the verbiage indicated that a HP will be required, but I haven't seen any alerts yet) and requested a $7500 limit(I picked the number somewhat randomly) last night. I received a message on submitting the request stating that I would receive a response in 48 hours(I assumed it was a denial) via email and within 2 weeks via mail, but I just logged into my online account moments ago to see that my new limit is $7500!

I'd say a 625% CLI is worth an extra HP...

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank DoubleCash CLI @ Activation

Outstanding! Congratulations!

Message 2 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Simply Incredible!!

That Citibank is just full of surprises.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats! I totally agree - that is worth it!

Were you pre-qualified for the DC?

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, well congratulations on the approval and the cli. For having to use a HP, glad you received the limit you wanted.

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So, I recently received my Citibank DC card, and made my standard new CC purchase of a 12 pack of beer, but I decided I was unhappy with the starting limit of $1200 so I hit the online CLI button(the verbiage indicated that a HP will be required, but I haven't seen any alerts yet) and requested a $7500 limit(I picked the number somewhat randomly) last night. I received a message on submitting the request stating that I would receive a response in 48 hours(I assumed it was a denial) via email and within 2 weeks via mail, but I just logged into my online account moments ago to see that my new limit is $7500!

I'd say a 625% CLI is worth an extra HP...

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 19
greent
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations. I just hit the love button my self for Citi Anywhere Visa. They said in 24 hours I'll get a response via e-mail. I asked to double my CL to 11, 000. We'll see what happens. Congrats!

Message 7 of 19
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just received my card this week and went through the activation process. Requested a CLI and was denied. System only generates the message "find out if you qualifyfor a credit line increase in minutes as your credit bureau will not be affected" Gives me the same message everything I request and not giving me the option of a hard pull. What seems to be different from op situation?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Just received my card this week and went through the activation process. Requested a CLI and was denied. System only generates the message "find out if you qualifyfor a credit line increase in minutes as your credit bureau will not be affected" Gives me the same message everything I request and not giving me the option of a hard pull. What seems to be different from op situation?

I can't remember the exact phrasing, but mine definitively did not say "your credit bureau will not be affected", in fact it was closer to "we will obtain your credit report." I have no idea what the differences between our situations may be, but I'm sorry you were denied for a CLI and wish you luck going forward.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CLI, double cash is a good card!
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.