Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citicard Prestige Recon Success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citicard Prestige Recon Success

Just wanted to share my story as motivation for those who are disappointed with a decline from Citicard. I applied for the Citi Prestige Card and was immediately declined. I called the application status number and they told me I had too many inquiries on Experian in the last 6 months. I only had one inquiry but they wouldn't budge and said I should contact the credit bureau. I called several other times and got nowhere. I have about a 730 to 750 with about 375k in annual income. I read all through the forums and found the executive unit which I called and offered additional documentation such as my paystub and explanation on why I wanted the card. I also showed my credit report where I did not have more than 1 inquiry in the last 6 months. I did a debt management program in the past with Citi and paid it in full, so am not sure if this was the real reason. Th EU unit was helpful and had me email the documents. Before the end of the day I got an email that I was approved for CL of 15k. EU called an hour later and told me the good news. For those who may be discouraged when you get the initial decline keep fighting and you always have a chance. 
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citicard Prestige Recon Success

Congrats OP on the approval and recon!  Thanks for sharing the success story...it goes to show that persistence can pay off.  Enjoy your new card when it arrives.  

Message 2 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

The debt management program you mentioned with Citi, could that be the one they involuntary close your credit card account and give you 5 years to pay it off at 0% APR with no late fees or whatsoever? Congrats on the approval 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Persistance beats resistance!  Congrats...

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it was one of the non profit services where I close the card and then they negotiate a lower interest rate. I think maybe 4 to 9 % interest maybe.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the kind messages!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval and very nice SL , excellent Recon

Message 7 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What was the card's appeal for you? I have one, but I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I used to be.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it was the 4th night free for hotel stays. I do a lot of Disney travel and it could save a great deal on resorts.
Message 9 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

The 4th night free is certainly very flexible. I do a lot of day trips to Disneyland CA but don't really know what the resort prices are anywhere. I imagine one use of it per year plus the airfare credit pretty much offsets the AF.

Be aware that sometimes 4th night stays are less likely to get room upgrades. I don't know if it happens much with Disney or if it's a factor at all.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.