Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Bank Clear Value MC Approved sl 500$ :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citizens Bank Clear Value MC Approved sl 500$ :(

Anyone else apply for one of there cards does it grow fast , cli ext ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Citizens Bank Clear Value MC Approved sl 500$ :(

Citizens is HP for everything for the most part... Though some folks on past cards have gotten an occasional Auto CLI....

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 3 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ummmm congrats?! I dunno if this might be giving you a pretty good idea of how some lenders are starting to look at your overall profile. From reading your other threads, was it 61 inquiries on a single CRA or overall?

Well, at least an approval, but nothing like BBVA 😁
Message 4 of 11
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled from a diffrent Credit report equifax with way less (inq) only 26 old not even recent so i think some lenders under writers or just dumb but i only app'd out of curiosity to see if i could do a balance transfer but i guess not 

the bbva will keep me in the garden for a while Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Citizens Bank is known for two things. Being very helpful to their civilians and being very conservative in their underwriting. I think that both of those might have played a part here.

Having 20+ inquiries is considered fatal in most conservative banks. Citizens pulled 500 for you as a courtesy so that you will at least be a customer. I remember getting a very small SL of 3275 or something on my GreenSense and that was on an outstanding profile.

Citizens does not do bucketing. They will allow your card to grow. You might need to feed it some HP's but it will grow.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 7 of 11
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

I’ve had my Citizens Cash Back Plus for about 6 weeks now. They sent me a prequalified offer in the mail, and I stopped into a branch to do the application. Approved, $7400 SL, and a $100 SUB after spending just $500. They must’ve liked something in my profile in spite of all the new credit I’ve added since last fall (this was my 12th new revolver since then).

At $7400, I don’t anticipate needing to ask for a CLI for quite a while.
Message 8 of 11
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

I should also note that I’d opened a checking account with them less than a month before, but I have no idea whether that helped me. They pulled EQ only.
Message 9 of 11
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:
I should also note that I’d opened a checking account with them less than a month before, but I have no idea whether that helped me. They pulled EQ only.

It could have. I also opened an account at the same time as when I got my card. If you funneled a largish income into that account they could have happily given a larger SL.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.