Citizens Bank—What the Fico! LOL

tag
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Re: Citizens Bank—What the Fico! LOL

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  congrats 

No more of "someone like me" talk. 

You worked hard, you rebuild, so dont talk yourself down. 

You did great and you'll continue to do great! 

+2 👏
2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  congrats 

No more of "someone like me" talk. 

You worked hard, you rebuild, so dont talk yourself down. 

You did great and you'll continue to do great! 

Thank you so much for your kindness! Heart  It's true that I do think of myself still as a credit leper, because I dug my own hole into my credit crisis. But it seems like this month was the turnaround—preapprovals are better, I'm getting more of them, etc. Something about my profile turned a corner. I'm so grateful.  Smiley Very Happy

But also, "someone like me" in my mind means someone with a low income. I am not ashamed of that (I'm in good company with the many fine LIErs on MyFICO) but it means that I don't need a high limit card and don't expect it. True, I hope to get $5000 limits so that the card is upgraded to a higher level (I can't remember what you call it) but for most practical purposes, $2,800 is great! 

Edit: Thank you everyone for your kindness and your encouragement. This forum is great!

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

Congratulations on a fantastic approval!!! Was just snooping around on a possible app too. Thanks for the DP.

@Credit_Flavours Based on your scores alone, I think you have a shot at it! Smiley Happy

You've probably seen the threads talking about how s-l-o-w this bank is to approve. I am not in their geographical region so couldn't apply at a branch. I had never really heard of them except for from this forum.

I apped on the 2nd (Sunday) and got an email right away saying that they'd "let me know." I got a text a few days later saying pretty much the same. Then I got the approval email on Friday. Please keep us updated if you do decide to app! 

Message 23 of 29
difringe
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the approval! Always nice to see another rebuild going smoothly!

Message 24 of 29
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Citizens Cash Back Plus approval!

It's a decent card, especially if you don't have access to a flat-rate 2% card, and customer service (which I've only experienced in-branch) has been excellent.

Message 25 of 29
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 26 of 29
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_Flavours wrote:

Congratulations on a fantastic approval!!! Was just snooping around on a possible app too. Thanks for the DP.

@Credit_Flavours Based on your scores alone, I think you have a shot at it! Smiley Happy

You've probably seen the threads talking about how s-l-o-w this bank is to approve. I am not in their geographical region so couldn't apply at a branch. I had never really heard of them except for from this forum.

I apped on the 2nd (Sunday) and got an email right away saying that they'd "let me know." I got a text a few days later saying pretty much the same. Then I got the approval email on Friday. Please keep us updated if you do decide to app! 

Thanks for the reply. would definitely report back when the app is done. I just need to do a few house cleaning to optimize the SL. Enjoy your new card.

Message 27 of 29
Creditmakhi
Established Member

Awesome OP wish To become their Citizen😏

Message 28 of 29
tbque
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on all your recent success!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.