Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Cash Back Plus World MC

tag
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Citizens Cash Back Plus World MC

A few weeks ago, I opened a Citizens One Deposit checking account to take advantage of a $200 bonus offer. This afternoon, I received a Cash Back Plus MC prequal offer in the mail, so I took it to the bank to make sure it was a solid offer before wasting an INQ.

The banker pulled up my records and made a few corrections to my address - it seems that their system had the wrong zip code, which might’ve resulted in a decline - and is probably the reason the offer was prequaled rather than preapproved.

After making the necessary corrections, he submitted the app and it came back with a SL of $7.4K and APR of 20.99% (their middle tier).

According to the banker, they pull EQ exclusively, but I haven’t seen it show up on my report yet (and the same thing happened earlier this week when I apped Huntington Voice). Fortunately, EQ has the fewest INQs of all my reports - only 4 (now 5).

Oh, nearly forgot - it’s 1.8% CB on everything - no quarterly categories or spending limits. And they gave me a targeted $100 CB bonus with $500 spend in 90 days. Not bad!
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citizens Cash Back Plus World MC

I'm jealous lol wasn't offered SUB but did get 9.7k Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice SL!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 15
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

I'm so envious of you guys, I've just about had it with Citizens, gimme the damned card already lol. In all seriousness though, congratulations on a great get and snagging that SUB! Excellent work.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 4 of 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Approval and the AWESOME SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL !!!!

Message 6 of 15
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm jealous lol wasn't offered SUB but did get 9.7k Smiley Happy

Yeah, the banker said, “they must REALLY want you to have this card!”

$9.7K is a really nice SL - congratulations!

Message 7 of 15
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

@forestgreenrover wrote:

I'm so envious of you guys, I've just about had it with Citizens, gimme the damned card already lol. In all seriousness though, congratulations on a great get and snagging that SUB! Excellent work.

Thanks - looks like it’ll be second in rotation behind my current daily driver - Citi DC.

Let’s hope you get this one sooner rather than later!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @5krunner and congrats Smiley Happy esp. on getting a SUB on this one, I've never seen that available before. I did find a thread mentioning SP requests for CLI becoming available 9 mo. after open, but dunno what time frame after that.
Message 9 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats 5Krunner on that always difficult Citezens approval! I have been eyeing them for awhile and decided to app for a checking account and card last night. I course my cc app is pending. Keeping fingers crossed. 😁.

Again congrats on the approval
Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.