Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City National Bank Crystal Infinite Approval

tag
CreditUp26
New Contributor

City National Bank Crystal Infinite Approval

I was very unsure whether I would get approved for the City National Bank Crystal Infinite card. You have to go in branch, fill out a paper form, provide proof of income, you e-sign paperwork, and then it goes through a manual underwriting. It took 2 business days but I did get approved - my understanding is I was barely approved but made it with the $10k starting limit. They pulled my Experian (740 FICO, 25 inquiries 18 months, 4 new accounts in last 12 months) and it seems like my income ($80-90k range) was on the lower side for them. Also your DTI has to be less than 30%. I did not receive the 50,000 bonus point offer because I did not have my application approved by the 7/31 deadline. 

11 REPLIES 11
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Re: City National Bank Crystal Infinite Approval

Congratulations on your approval!!! Thanks for the DP's; this one is on my hit list when some HP's fall off and my scores recover. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CNB Crystal Infinite approval! Sweet card! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new visa Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditUp26 wrote:

I was very unsure whether I would get approved for the City National Bank Crystal Infinite card. You have to go in branch, fill out a paper form, provide proof of income, you e-sign paperwork, and then it goes through a manual underwriting. It took 2 business days but I did get approved - my understanding is I was barely approved but made it with the $10k starting limit. They pulled my Experian (740 FICO, 25 inquiries 18 months, 4 new accounts in last 12 months) and it seems like my income ($80-90k range) was on the lower side for them. Also your DTI has to be less than 30%. I did not receive the 50,000 bonus point offer because I did not have my application approved by the 7/31 deadline. 

Wow, if a $10K SL is barely getting approved, you hit the ball out of the park. Congratulations to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats on a unicorn OP - enjoy the exclusivity!
Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Inquiries are so overratedSmiley Wink Congrats!!!

Message 7 of 12
Gotham-
Frequent Contributor

Glad you got the Unicorn! Congrats Gallop Gallop!

2018 Dec Starting Score: 700
Current Score: 778
Achieved Goal Score 2020: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 12
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Who cares if you were "barely" approved, the only thing that matters was that you *were* approved.

Will you qualify for a 30,000 point SUB for meeting the spend?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 12
CreditUp26
New Contributor

Yes, they said I can do the 30k for $3k but because I wasn't approved by July 31st I didn't qualify for the 50k offer

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.