Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli Heaven, almost! Disco, Barclay, Synch, Nfcu, Cap1

tag
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Cli Heaven, almost! Disco, Barclay, Synch, Nfcu, Cap1

So I have just been paying a few things down and been staying away from the boards, just so I would not to be encouraged to app for anything else. Fast forward 10 months give or take.

Started with cli request to Discover  got the $300 increase called and asked if possible for just a little more gave me total increase of $1k

Synch Amazon and Walmart auto love button gave $500 more on amazon with very high util 80% (12 mo. promo offers), and $1k more wal-mart with 90% util (promo offers)

Up Next was call Barclay rewards for AR reduction. They dropped down 4% more. I asked if other offers available, was told no. 2 days later logged in and $1k more increase.

I wanted to test Barclay because I wanted to see if it might be possible to get the uber card.

I am Still not sure, since they did not have a offer for me when I called. So I am not going to risk the hard pull, my util and score are not there.

Next Cap1 Nothing still at $750 and $500 for over 2 years on cli increase button. lots of spend, but now paid off and putting in SD.

Nfcu hoping to get a CLI after about a year and a half of a $1k limit, and have requested several times before always declined with 7-10 days mssg.

Asked for $20k knowing would be possible HP. I want to use BT offer this month, but NFCU is almost like Cap1 on my CLI requests a ghost town.

This time I  got 24 hour message. Over 24 hours ago, and just called in to rep. She said request would be completed tomorrow or Monday at latest.

I called in because I recieved email asking if I had problem with a application. Told her I want to take advantage of the BT offer, and she said its still being reviewed give it until Monday and call us back if you don't see anything. Who knows.. if not granted it will just be SD until it auto cli, which feels like it will never happen. The BT offer felt like worth the risk and I would love to apply for a go card but with 1k limit for well over a year it feels pointless. 

Very happy with the cli finally maybe getting somewhere.

except cap1 and nfcu got increases across the board.

TU at time 645

65% overall util

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cli Heaven, almost! Disco, Barclay, Synch, Nfcu, Cap1

Congrats on your CLI success as it should lower overall utilization.

Have you thought about combining your Cap 1 cards for one larger limit credit card?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have very high uti but may I suggest apping for a new NFCU card. Many people who didnt have luck with their CLI after 90 days 180 or even a year were able to get a new card with several times the limit of the previous card. 10x the limit in some cases $10k for example when their first card was 1k. Not sure if youe willing to risk the HP with that high UTI but you should work on bringing it down. It may be what's scaring your creditors off which is why your not getting any love. They'd like to see that you can actually afford to pay what you already owe before they go giving you any more credit that can not be paid back .You just have to look at it from their point of view sometimes and you will see why they do what they do. Good luck 

Message 3 of 11
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Roy21

So I thought about it, and logged in just to double check if I got it or not. As I was going to apply for a new card hope and pray.

Well my account Now shows a extra 2k credit available but my limit shows same 1k amount as before.

refreshed page few times same... 

No emails or messages yet.

Hoping this is an approval for cli. Appraently 2k increase.

So next question if i get it should I apply for a 2nd card? Or is that most likely all I have on the table from NFCU?

2nd card app advise from nfcu members appreciated.

If I get the increase thank you NFCU!

limit avilablelimit avilable

Message 4 of 11
recoverysauce
Valued Member

4theloveofpoints

No I have not contacted Capital one because one is my oldest open account just about 2.5 years.

other reason 1 is also a secured card I don't think it can be PC?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to read that you got the CLI 's and to SD your Cap one card, congratulations!

Message 6 of 11
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Apped for 2nd card and 3,200 SL 00000navyapproved.JPG

Message 7 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Congrats m8

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. It looks like you scored a CLI and new card with Navy.
Message 9 of 11
peghede
Valued Contributor

Double dip.lol

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.