Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli Spree and Minor AA

tag
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Cli Spree and Minor AA

So I had a case of a notice from my monitoring that Synchrony Bank thought it was a good idea to drop my Walmart MC from $10,000 to $1,524 right before the Capitol One transition. Took me a week or two to wrap my head around it but decided to do some CLi's for fun. You know out of spite.

Here are the CLi Approvals:

Synchrony Bank/PayPal 2% Cashback MC $2,400(+4800) ---> $7,200

Synchrony Bank/Walmart MC                      $1,524(+8476) ---> $10,000 (yes I got it all back)

Discover Bank/Discover IT                          $15,000 (+500) ---> $15,500 (aka AJC special?)

FNBO/Ducks Unlimited VS                            $5,700(+3500) ---> $9,200

Did I mention all of these are SP?

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cli Spree and Minor AA

Congrats on yer CLI's and your AA in ReverseSmiley Very Happy, Synch is always entertainingSmiley TongueSmiley LOL

Message 2 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Awesome job sticking it to the man , Sync, lolSmiley Wink. Sp luv is well SPecial .

Thanks for carrying on the tradition of the AJC SpecialSmiley Happy Im honoredSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Top of the line effort

Major Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 12
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Thank you gents. It is always nice to increase the limits. I also wish Bank of America would do it on my card that has the BT but I can understand why they will not add a button to hulk smash. Ironically the other accounts with them have that button.

Synchrony Bank is weird perhaps but it is the reason that we are willing to play this game. If all lenders were monotoned robots I am fairly certain everyone would be bashing their heads against the wall as they beg with Capitol One clones.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 5 of 12
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

So I had a case of a notice from my monitoring that Synchrony Bank thought it was a good idea to drop my Walmart MC from $10,000 to $1,524 right before the Capitol One transition. Took me a week or two to wrap my head around it but decided to do some CLi's for fun. You know out of spite.

Here are the CLi Approvals:

Synchrony Bank/PayPal 2% Cashback MC $2,400(+4800) ---> $7,200

Synchrony Bank/Walmart MC                      $1,524(+8476) ---> $10,000 (yes I got it all back)

Discover Bank/Discover IT                          $15,000 (+500) ---> $15,500 (aka AJC special?)

FNBO/Ducks Unlimited VS                            $5,700(+3500) ---> $9,200

Did I mention all of these are SP?

Congratulations on all those CLIs and getting that Wally limit back!!! 😎 😎 😎

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 6 of 12
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Congrats! Any data points you can share about your Walmart account that could have led to the AA (I.e. do you have a balance, when was the last purchase, etc.)?
Message 7 of 12
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:
Congrats! Any data points you can share about your Walmart account that could have led to the AA (I.e. do you have a balance, when was the last purchase, etc.)?

I am fairly certain that it was because I let the balance sit at $0 for 6-12 months. My PenFed Platinum Rewards is better in store and my BoA Cash Rewards started clobbering online at the beginning of this year. I used to order online quite a bit around the holidays and definitely would buy tires at Walmart.com as I needed them. Now I am just waiting for Capital One to take over and that is why I wanted my limit to stay. I am hoping that Capital One can offer something to improve this card since it is stale. Oh who am I kidding, Capitol One is the lender that cards go to die for me. I just want to see how the transition works out as this would be my first.

Active:
Message 8 of 12
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yeah, me too... I am on the fence though with the transition, because I don't want to get a new account. If I did, I guess I will come out of the garden to app something else then also. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I am thinking that if I were to stay with Synchrony it would be better to get the CL higher than with Cap1, but I wonder if Cap1 will make my Walmart card a MC or Visa... 🤔

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 9 of 12
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Capital One issues Visa and MasterCard's. They are most likely to keep all existing cards as MasterCard so the number does not change. The one benefit I can clearly see in the paperwork is that the FTF is going away in the transition for what that is worth.

Active:
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.