Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed Kay Jeweler, Jared CLI

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Closed Kay Jeweler, Jared CLI

Mods: This post is in approvals because Jared will now report 5800 instead of 2900. It counts as a CLI. Please don't kick this over to This & That, or Smorgasbord (=

Got a auto CLI to 5800 from 4k after 9 months with Sterling Jewelers. For those that don't know, a bunch of jewelry stores have store credit accounts serviced by Sterling Jewelers. So if you have more than one account serviced by Sterling, the credit limit is divided equally across the number of jewelry accounts they service (on your credit reports). 

Because I'm starting to rack up higher credit limit accounts, I'm consolidating my TLs by closing some of my smaller accounts. Kay Jewelers is one of the accounts I'm closing this month, but I am keeping Jared. I was going to keep Kay and close Jared but I think the Kay statement closed yesterday and it will have reported half of the total Sterling credit limit. I'm trying to report the total Sterling credit limit on one account quickly. So Jared survived because it reports on the 20th 

Right now Jared reports a 2k CL. On the 20th, it will begin reporting 5800. Kay will report the positive history for what, 10 years? Bye bye Kay. Thanks for helping me rebuild! 

2016-05-12_23.33.03.jpg

3B profile optimization in progress...
9 REPLIES 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Closed Kay Jeweler, Jared CLI

Congrats on the CLI and overall higher limits!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I do like shopping at Jared. Went in to get the wife's bling cleaned up for our 5yr anniversary and of course it takes about 10-15 mins as there were a few pieces plus stone inspections. Left her plenty of time to look at new stuff. I left not spending a dime!! I usually try and go alone as its cheaper that way! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

HAHAHAHA MrsPTato didn't get to put spend on the accts!

Thanks for the congrats, both of you.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrsP Makes out quite well. I am sure she will find something on vacation next week to find!

Message 5 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Sterling is a great way to rebuild. I'm keeping my Kay forever, or until they shut it down. I'm at 6K, so it helps with its, and looks good having decent limits. Congrats!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

Having the two accounts reporting green OK payment markers to the CRAs helped a great deal. I didn't realize the value these accounts would have until this past week. Now I want the higher limit cards reporting from now on. Hope I can clear 10k CL with this card on the next CLI.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a little late to the party, but congratulations!!

Message 8 of 10
_NERD
Established Contributor

JM3!!! Where ya been?

Message 9 of 10
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Hmm, I'm wondering how high the Sterling accounts can go, as far as cl's are concerned? Anybody but $10K on these accounts?

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.