Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed on mortgage and 2 card approvals

tag
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Closed on mortgage and 2 card approvals

This forum helped me extensively several years ago when I was building up my credit after a divorce. I very much appreciate all that I've learned here. Over the last few years I've mostly gardened until last month. We were renting month to month and were told by the landlord that they were selling the house and we'd need to find other accommodations. We hadn't intended to purchase a home for another 3 or so years but we were given 10 weeks before we had to be out of the rental so we started a whirlwind of viewings and pushing the lender to close our loan asap. The loan closed on April 17th. Mortgage mid score was 804. Luckily I've just kept in a habit of AZEO so that helped on the mortgage scores. My husband has not ever done that but my mid score was just a couple points below his so it didn't matter.

May 4th. I decided to go after a couple cards and close one. I closed the Uber Barclay card as I've never used an uber or uber eats and have no need for Uber cash. Sent them a message and within 2 days the card shows as closed online but didn't receive any notification directly from them it was closed.

First I applied for the Wells Fargo Propel. It seemed the best as a replacement for the old Uber. Instantly approved for $12,000.

I've been on my husbands WF checking account for at least 4 years and a savings acct for almost a year. We had a significant balance in the savings account until the mortgage closing.They pulled both EQ and EX which last I checked were both around 814 F8.

Update: I just received the card and info today and it states my EX was 825 but doesn't say what version. Mortgage wasn't showing yet.

Then I went for the PayPal Cash Back Mastercard as I had been getting the offer for %4 for the first 90 days whenever I logged into the account and a couple of the same email offers. I've had PayPal credit for probably 8 or more years and a PayPal account for longer than that. Instantly approved for $8,300. TU pull and last I checked on that one it was 818. As of 5/4 VS4 is 818 as well.

Before the apps I had 2 HP's on each bureau from the mortgage apps, 0 new accounts in past 2 years, AAoOA 8yr 11mo, Util 3%, Total available credit including one AU acct. of $90k before closing Uber. I listed $40k as income. Between myself and my husband we make more than that but that's the amount I have the easiest access to so I figured it was best to err on the side of caution.

I'm considering trying to get my old Blispay card ($10k) closed so it doesn't show as available credit for those lenders that occassionally have issue with total available credit. I'm also considering removing myself as an AU from my husbands card ($14k limit) for the same reason and I now have cards of my own that almost have the same limit. Lastly, I have both the Chase Amazon Prime Visa and the Sync Amazon card which I'm considering seeing if I can transfer some of the limit from to my new PPMC and then close that card as it's redundant. The only reason I'm considering keeping it open is to keep financing offers on it and regular purchases on the Chase Amazon as I don't like how Chase applies the payments when you have a financing balance.

I would love to have CapOne convert one of my QS cards to a SavorOne for restaurants that don't take AMEX but from what I've read they won't do that.

Thank you again to everyone that helps on these forums and those who provide DP which I also find invaluable.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed on mortgage and 2 card approvals

Yay!! Congratulations!!! 

Message 2 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 3 of 13
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Congrats CL on the home and very sound credit moves in my book!

Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CelticLady wrote:

... I would love to have CapOne convert one of my QS cards to a SavorOne ...

It doesn't hurt to check Smiley Wink to see what you're eligible for. I bookmark this link & use it to sign-in to my accounts Smiley LOL

Congrats! on your approvals. Smiley Happy & thanks for the DPs. 

Message 6 of 13
heeseon
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations

TU789 EQ786 EX791(05/23)
Message 7 of 13
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

Thank you, everyone. If anyone has opinions on the AU acct. and Blispay closure I'm considering I'd like to hear them and reasoning.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CelticLady wrote:

... I would love to have CapOne convert one of my QS cards to a SavorOne ...

It doesn't hurt to check Smiley Wink to see what you're eligible for. I bookmark this link & use it to sign-in to my accounts Smiley LOL

Congrats! on your approvals. Smiley Happy & thanks for the DPs. 

Only Venture/VentureOne it looks like. Thanks for the link to check.

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 8 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck on your new home and grats on the 2 cards Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 13
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.