cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed on my home today!! And a few Credit Line increases along the way......

tag
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Closed on my home today!! And a few Credit Line increases along the way......

So back in May I got serious about my home search.  Found a lender and got my preapproval on May 1st. Fast forward today, keys in hand and I'm a homeowner.  Between the preapproval and closing, I had a few auto increases and soft pull increases along the way....

Target:  $500 to $1000

Discover:  $20,0000 to $22,000

Nordstrom Visa:  $13,500 to $18,500

Amex BCP:  $10,000 to $30,000

And my scores went up a tad during that time about 5-10 points.  My scores are current below.  I am currently at less than 1% UTI, but  i'm sure that will change in the coming weeks....  Smiley Happy

But I do have a question, now that I have keys in hand and all the documents are signed, I was actually looking to ask for CLI on one of my cards that will require a hard pull.  Do you think that it's safe to go ahead and ask?  

Thanks again for reading!!!!

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Closed on my home today!! And a few Credit Line increases along the way......

First of all....CONGRATS on becoming a homeowner!!!  Smiley Tongue

Once your closing is done, and the home is yours...hard pulls are ok! 

During the buying process....obviously a no-no.  But you knew that!  lol

Congrats again...I remember the first time I walked into MY home!!  It's a feeling you'll never forget!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Closed on my home today!! And a few Credit Line increases along the way......

Awesome job IRun, big grats on the new home and cli's. Lol, you're becoming a Disco legend round these here partsSmiley Wink EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
OG_54
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Hopefully next week I can close on my house on my 3rd closing date(sellers fault). I am going to try and get my Amex BCE from 12,000 to 30,000.
12/19/17 EQ:722 TU:742 EX:738 Goal: 750
Chase Freedom: 7,000 Chase Freedom Unlimited: 4,500 Discover It: 6,000
American Express BCE: 15,700 Capital One QS: 6500
Message 4 of 5
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all!  Yes very exciting to close...and pretty happy with my CLI's.  Full admission, I did go on a bit of a spree over the weekend. So far one approval for a card (I need new kitchen appliance) and one approval for a CLI.  But I will update once I get decisions on the pending apps (2 more out there).  

and @OG_54, good luck on your closing...almost there!! And I am sure you will get your increase on your BCE!!!  Smiley Happy

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.