cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined two Discover It cards & CLI - $27,500!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Combined two Discover It cards & CLI - $27,500!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!Nice CL now!

I know @AverageJoesCredit  Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 12 of 23
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your $5,000 Discover CLI and your new $27,500 Discover COMBO CL - That's how it's DONE!!! 

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!
I tried this with an available cli on my older card but the csr said it couldn't be done. I should have hung up and called bk. O well. Congrats on nice Disco limit
Message 14 of 23
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!!
I tried this with an available cli on my older card but the csr said it couldn't be done. I should have hung up and called bk. O well. Congrats on nice Disco limit

I think the CLI has to be available on the newer card, in order to combine.

I leave mine separate as I sometimes Max out 2 cards in the same quarter.

Message 15 of 23
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

The recipient card needs to have the CLI, not the donor card. They specifically told me that when I did it, although it could be that the rep wasn’t informed properly. All I know is that it worked when the card getting all the balance was the same card that had the available CLI.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

What amount of CLI though? Because I'm always eligible for at least a $500 increase it seems. 

Message 17 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's what I attempted to do I had a credit limit increase on the card I wanted to send the limit to. I will wait for my next credit limit increase and ask for an account manager. Because when I did open the card day told me exactly what you just said it has to go to the card with a credit limit increase. Not a big deal but I can't stand when representatives are missing floor I would much rather them say they do not know and ask
Message 19 of 23
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What amount of CLI though? Because I'm always eligible for at least a $500 increase it seems. 

I don't recall them specifying.  I think that it would work as long as the $500 increase was available on the recipient card.  If you are checking on the website, just be sure to cancel the CLI request so that it's still available for you when you call into customer service.  I've read that if you approve it, then you can't combine the cards when you call in.  Likewise, don't allow a CSR to approve the request on the phone if you ask if you have one.  Make sure that they transfer you to the appropriate people (she just called them the "credit line increase team") with the CLI still available.  They'll combine the cards and you'll still get the CLI for an even bigger limit.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.