Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI

tag
RickyRay
New Contributor

Comenity CLI

I just got a approved for Wayfair $750 cl
And a over stock for $250 cl. Strange that the difference between the limits. I have a Blair card since 2013, only $500 cl. Wayfair had outside shed's. I needed $3,000 for the shed. So I got a sweet deal from Affirm financing. Approved for 5,000 then I decided not to buy the shed and just financed a $169 toilet. LoL. Affirm and Wayfair seemed to be in competition to get my business. Affirm offered 12 month financing @17 month, and refund on interest. So strange. I just took the Affirm deal. That $750 card will help my credit score and utilation. Anyway will Wayfair give high limits for scores in the 650s?
Over stock just won't do over $250 until 6 months or more of on time payment's.
I'm just trying to build some good credit.
Also I hear Affirm only reports to Experian.
And list as some loan or fixed loan. After I get that paid off will that help my credit?
Or drop the scores?

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI

I opened my Wayfair account in July 2017 after receiving a "preapproval" letter in the mail.  The starting CL was $500.  My current CL is $7900.  I have made one $40 purchase on the account since opening it.  All the cli's have been via the luv button, no auto increases.  My score at approval was around 630 and still remains in the lower 600's.  If I recall correctly Wayfair offers special financing for orders over $250 when you use your Wayfair card for payment.  I believe it 0% apr for 6, 12, 24 or 36 months depending on the amount of purchase.  I'm not familiar with Affirm financing but it may possibly report to the CRA as a consumer finance loan which apparently MyFico doesn't like scorewise.

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 12
GenesisLS
Valued Member

I opened Overstock and Wayfair cards via the sct in January with a $2k starting limit. A month later hit the love button on each and got bumped to $3.6k on each (sp). My scores were lower than now and probably low to mid 600's. That's where they stand now since I've only hit the love button 1 more time and they wanted my reports unfrozen #nothankyou

In March I got a Jcrew card (also Comenity) with a starting limit of only $250 and no CLIs yet so who knows the method to the madness.

Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Affirm could report as installment. Any new accounts other than your first 3 revolvers opening tend to drop Fico temporarily. Installments are scored differently than revolvers and until we know how Affirm reports hard to tell you what may or may not happen. Grats on the new credit.

Message 4 of 12
RickyRay
New Contributor

I just got pre-approval from Toyota credit card from Comenity Bank. I took the deal.
It's a $1500 limit. May 2019. I found out that Trans Union had a split file on me.
They fixed it finally. I thought my scores would have gone up. Maybe they will eventually. I needed something to build credit, I had applied for a USDA loan. But
Backed out of it to garden my new credit.
They need at least 6 months of on time payment's to go with the other good accounts on my record. I have no derogatory or late payments... thanks to the information from my fico. Trans Union deleted all my inquiry stuff when they merged the files together. That's a plus.
I just can't get my long term accounts that I've had for over 6 year's to report on Trans Union or Equifax. Experian reports everything. I need some long accounts history on my records with tu and Equifax.
I have had a Blair comenity Capital Bank for almost 7 year's. I called them and asked if I could put myself as a authorised user, and they did. They could not get my account on the tu or eq either. The system kept rejecting it. So we are trying this to get some long term history on tu and Equifax. I have fako scores on credit karma. Tu at 565 and Equifax at 606.
Experian at 644. I have 4 inquiries on eq
5 on Experian. None on tu. No derogatory or late anywhere. USDA said that was ok just need to get some account history reporting on tu. Otherwise it's a no go. So I got three comenity Bank ones and got a credit one bank. I of course paid off the $75 for their crap. As soon as I get the USDA in 6 months, I am going to close the credit one bank Visa.I have to use the new accounts to create a 6 months payment history on them. So any suggestions. Did I do ok? I want a 700 score for the USDA loan. But I don't think I will ever get their.
Message 5 of 12
RickyRay
New Contributor

Also Affirm has not reported as of June.
I called them and they said they would report when the account was paid in 1 year as a installment loan. That's ok. I did not want that on their anyway. I got the new toilet with our using any utilation
Message 6 of 12
RickyRay
New Contributor

I love your mix of card's. That's cool. I got pre approval from khols but didn't take it.
I don't want any more hard inquiry. I just got 3 New cards from Comenity Bank.
I'm going to garden for 6 months now,
I going to get a USDA loan in 6 months.
So just waiting.
Message 7 of 12
RickyRay
New Contributor

Update...My scores have all been improving. Experian finally passed 700s
Equifax is 670. Still waiting for TU.
Anyway Affirm did report on Experian ad
a loan. I got approved for a $8500 cl with Discover it. Still waiting for the card. But very happy about it. Discover pulled Experian and Equifax. Nothing on TU.
So far my credit rebuild is going well. Hope to keep it that way.
Message 8 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@RickyRay wrote:
Update...My scores have all been improving. Experian finally passed 700s
Equifax is 670. Still waiting for TU.
Anyway Affirm did report on Experian ad
a loan. I got approved for a $8500 cl with Discover it. Still waiting for the card. But very happy about it. Discover pulled Experian and Equifax. Nothing on TU.
So far my credit rebuild is going well. Hope to keep it that way.

Congrats, on your success!

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

GratsSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.