Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity CLI

tag
mgood
Valued Contributor

Comenity CLI

I was checking the balance on my Eddie Bauer card to make sure it really says $0 after my payment went through (because the stinkin' thing charges 26.99% interest with a $2 minimum interest). I was bored and just couldn't stop myself from poking the "Request an Increase" button. This was my second-smallest limit at $1120. Got an instant bump to $1600. And there was a box popped up asking if I wanted more. Sure, why not, poked that one for the double-dip. A big red box popped up telling me I didn't qualify for more. Oh well, a little is better than none.

I haven't been in the store much this year, with Covid and all, but I normally go in and spend $40-$60-$80 every 2 or 3 months. Then have to go in again the next month to use my rewards and spend another $12 or whatever. I've maybe spent $200 on a jacket a couple times there. So not a card that gets big spend, but gets a little spend pretty regularly.

Opened in May 2016 with a SL of $300 or $500 or something like that.
Got a CLD at one point to $120 Smiley Surprised for reasons I never completely understood unless it was high UTL on my other cards, never had much on that card.

Then they raised it to $320 for a while.

May 2019 it went up to $620.

Oct 2020 jumped to $1120.

These have been auto-bumps. Hitting the increase button has never done anything for me in the past.
Then last night it surprised me by responding to my button-pushing when it went to $1600.

PenFed left me hangin' over the holiday weekend with a pending approval, so I'm still waiting on a human to come in and look at my POI and push the "Go" button over there.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 23
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity CLI

Yay you!Smiley Wink

That's  interesting that you got a popup asking if you wanted more.  Is this popup exclusive to Eddie Bauer  accts. or is this popup something new with Comenity cli request?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 15
mgood
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

That's  interesting that you got a popup asking if you wanted more.  Is this popup exclusive to Eddie Bauer  accts. or is this popup something new with Comenity cli request?

I don't know. I don't think I've ever seen it before and this is the only Comenity account I have.

It wasn't technically a "pop-up," like a new window popping up in front of the window i'm in. It was just the next screen with a box with writing in it. The way I wrote that was probably misleading. "Came up" or "showed up" or "appeared" would have probably been better than "popped up."

Message 3 of 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Gotcha, but still that's a new feature to me.  Makes me wanna smash early just to see if I get the "want more?" dialog too.  It's not Eddie Bauer though.  

Enjoy your higher limit.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Slow and steadySmiley Happy Comenity is good for subtle increases. With usage, you should be good for many years to comeSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 15
mgood
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

Makes me wanna smash early just to see if I get the "want more?" dialog too.  

It made me click another botton authorizing them to check my credit. I thought about it, held my breath and pushed it, hoping it wouldn't be a hard pull (and thinking it wouldn't be without my SS#?). Must've been SP because I haven't gotten any notifications about anyone pulling my credit.

@GApeachy wrote:

Enjoy your higher limit.  

Thanks, but it's not like I'm going to spend more there. Just trying to boost my total combined limits to help push down my total combined UTL.

Message 6 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CLI and happy new year Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 15
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulaions on the Auto CLIs and good luck on the PenFed Human review Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 9 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.