Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Good Sam Pre-Approval Mailer - Update: Approved

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Comenity Good Sam Pre-Approval Mailer - Update: Approved

I received a Good Sam "credit card" pre approval mailer yesterday. Not sure if I should take the bait. I have had this pop up before at Overtons where I do shop. I suspect this is for a store card only. It seems the point structure would be like 3% back.

Any one have one of these?
Do they grow? (this would make it worth it at the moment)
I take it that it won't PC to a Visa?
It only asks for last 4 of SS, SP?

Thanks!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Good Sam Pre-Approval Mailer

Good Sam is also a Camping World Visa.  Gets CLIs every 4 months and 1 day.  Can get into the $20ks with soft pulls.  Is one of Comenity's better cards.

Message 2 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Sam is also a Camping World Visa.  Gets CLIs every 4 months and 1 day.  Can get into the $20ks with soft pulls.  Is one of Comenity's better cards.

Thank you.  I am suspecting that I will be limited to a store only card at this point however.  Still may be worth it to grow a CL while waiting for my derogs to slip quietly into the night.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 3 of 8
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

They only offer a Visa card edition. Afaik they do not offer store cards.
Message 4 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@steelers1 wrote:
They only offer a Visa card edition. Afaik they do not offer store cards.

Might be something new but it seems they have both.  good sam credit card

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 5 of 8
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Update:  I guess it was real and seemingly for a store only card.  A wopping $250 SL.  That sets a record for my all time lowest SL. I hope I can get it to grow.

For DP's 631 EQ and 08, EX 640 08 but it was only a soft pull.   They must have gotten my info to send the physical pre-approval letter through Overton's where I do shop and have an account.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry about the sl but it should eventually growSmiley Happy. Thats the risk we play on applying but approval always trumps denialSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.