cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Movement, at last! Then 3rd Cap One?!...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity Movement, at last! Then 3rd Cap One?!...

So, Victory!  Finally!

After opening three Comenity cards in February 2016 and not seeing even a penny in CLI's since, finally in December the "7-10 day" notice yielded some fruit!  Woohoo!

Overstock went from a paltry $250 to an equally unimpressive $450, but hey, it moved.  Was starting to really worrry Comenity had me on a blacklist or something haha! 

Then, saw on Mint.com that my JCrew card also got movement, doubling from $500 SL, to $1050.  Yay!

Lenovo, however, stubbornly decided my SL of $600 was quite enough.  I'm good with that.  But, you better bet I will keep hitting the love button every month after my payment clears!

But then, something that I thought impossible happened.  With a brand new credit profile as of Dec 2015 and my Discover IT Chrome/Student, I applied and got the two allowed CapOne cards, at $300/ea SL.  Got the $100 bump three months in, sent in a ACH payment after 8 pm once on the due date so was told had to do the credit steps over again, but in November both cards mysteriously got bumped up to $750.  A week later, I got a preapproval for a CapOne Plat in the mail, so thinking surely they wouldn't - but, they did!  So in December I received a third (?!) entry level CapOne card with a SL of $1000.   Not sure on the how or why, since I understood there is a hard limit of two entry level cards, but they approved it, so will see what happens when it comes time for credit steps, both the second round of the first two cards and the first round of the new card, although I don't recall seeing mention of credit steps in the preapproval offer.

Just wanted to pass along the interesting CapOne tidbit, and maybe perhaps encourage another member here that may be experiencing the Comenity Cold Shoulder...

Happy New Year, everyone!  On to 700's by the end of 2017!!

Brian

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity Movement, at last! Then 3rd Cap One?!...

Grats to all the success Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the success OP , my Overstock cc is at SL 250 and I can't get a CLI either , have only had it 3 mths though ..I'll keep on trying every few mths though. And Congrats on the 3rd Cap One that is awesome and I thought it was 2 entry level cc as well with them, maybe they are changing this rule ?
Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey, movement forward in any amount, is still movement! Congrats on the CLI!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

pizza1-

You especially I would like to thank; even though I wasn't able to take advantage of all the info you messaged me before about Comenity, I am thinking now that I have gotten some movement things may change and that advice re: robolady on the phone will come in very handy!

But to everyone, thaks!  It feels good to be rewarded for patience and paying on time!

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go!.paying on time can solve alot of problems lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Hooray for movement!

I am surprised by the 3rd CO card but hey...all good for the rebuild, right?!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.