cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity SCT Cards (Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Williams Sonoma, and Overstock.)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity SCT Cards (Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Williams Sonoma, and Overstock.)

I was recently approved for the Pottery Barn, Wayfair, and Williams Sonoma store cards using the SCT. I also have the Overstock store card and have had it for a year and half. After personally closing multiple other SCT store cards because I was approved for the Sportsman's Guide Visa (Comenity closed the SGV days later), I decided to try and get the above store cards after reading about how high the credit limits could be. When I first found out about the SCT and obtained the Overstock card and others (J.Crew, Express, etc.), the highest credit limit that I was able to get was $500 from Cold Water Creek. The other cards had credit limits from $250-$350. However, I hit the luv button on Overstock about a month ago and went from a starting limit of $250 to $1,050. A couple of days ago, I decided to hit the luv button again and went from $1,050 to $2,550.

Pottery Barn and Wayfair showed up in the mail today and both of them had a $2,000 starting limit. When I registered them online, Pottery Barn advised that my account wasn't elgible for a CLI. However, when I registered the Wayfair card, I was able to hit the luv button twice (logging out and then back in) and get an $800 CLI each time. This took my Wayfair CL from $2,000 to $3,600 in about a minute and before my first purchase. Williams Sonoma was obtained before I typed this post and it was for a starting limit of $1,500. Once it arrives, I'll see if I can get an immediate CLI upon registration, but either way, I'll be holding on to these 4 Comenity store cards for the long haul and staying away from any of their Visa cards. On a side note, I got an Ann Taylor pre-screened letter in the mail this weekend, so that was the first time that Comenity has sent me one through the mail. The odd thing is, I once had that card before closing it after about 8 months or so and it had a $250 credit limit. Overall, I'm pleased with my dealings with Comenity and very hopeful that I can get these cards to pad my utilization and encourage other lenders to match future credit limits.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity SCT Cards (Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Williams Sonoma, and Overstock.)

Credit 101.  Welcome to freshman orientation.

Message 2 of 3
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity SCT Cards (Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Williams Sonoma, and Overstock.)

You should probably think carefully before getting any more store cards, as you don't need them to build your profile further.  However, just wanted to point out that if padding your utilization is your main objective, the best card to get is probably the Barney's New York card.  Otherwise, start focusing on VS/MC.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.