tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Comenity SCT approvals

These past weeks I was able to obtained:

Overstock : $250 SL

Jcrew : $250 SL

Express: $250 SL

These are very low limit cards and is all I really wanna get. To be honest, I will not be using overstock, I don't know why I applied. I guess I got excited since it's my very first popped up preapproval from comenity. I am not sure if it was wise for me that I applied for these cards since my AAOA is really low. I am 9 months post BK7 and I have opened a few cards these past few months . My total card balance is $700 and I will pay them off in a month or two. I am scared to be in debt again. Would these cards grow even if I don't use them right away??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity SCT approvals

Need to learn to control your impulses.  It feels darn good to get approved but after the first $250 card I would have stopped.  You'll get 2 pairs of jeans for that at J. Crew and that's before taxes.  Had my J. Crew card up to $8,800 and closed the account.  Closed my $4,000 Overstock card also.  That's what it started at and it surprised me I got the initial limit that high but I found myself felling like I had to buy something I would have not bought had I not gotten the card.  You can't really fix a bankruptcy's impact in a few days so in the meantime learn some restraint.

Message 2 of 4
peghede
Valued Contributor

Jcrew can grow fast, i started $500 SL 30 days ago , requested cli over phone next day after aproval and got it to $800, ill try again for cli tonight over phone to see what i get.Also BonTon ,BlueNile are fast ,realy fast.Got Blue Nile in 12 monts to 35k and never used the card yet.

Message 3 of 4
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Need to learn to control your impulses.  It feels darn good to get approved but after the first $250 card I would have stopped.  You'll get 2 pairs of jeans for that at J. Crew and that's before taxes.  Had my J. Crew card up to $8,800 and closed the account.  Closed my $4,000 Overstock card also.  That's what it started at and it surprised me I got the initial limit that high but I found myself felling like I had to buy something I would have not bought had I not gotten the card.  You can't really fix a bankruptcy's impact in a few days so in the meantime learn some restraint.

Yea, I'm gonna try to stop reading myfico for a few months. I only bought a pair of nike shoes at Jcrew and I paid it off right away. I won't be using it , since Ive never really shopped there. I won't be using overstock either... Express, I do shop there a lot and I wished I had not applied for it since I might end up buying clothes without really needing them. Oh well, Having self control has been tough for me even before bankruptcy. 

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.