Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity SPs - Approved post-BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comenity SPs - Approved post-BK

Hi Folks,

Yes, I am gardening, I AM, but then I read this weekend that there were SPs for some Comenity cards. Well, it's true.

I was not going to post until I had waited to see if any HPs hit my report, but so far nothing (and trust me, when it happens, it's CK, Credit Sesame, Wallet Hub, Experian, MyFICO, giving me alerts in real time).

Yesterday Overstock approved me for $1500

and today, I was blown away by Pottery Barn's $4000 offer. Woah.

Then i tried West Elm, got the review in 2 weeks letter (so no right?) Got greedy I guess LOL.

ALL SPs. ALL SCTs which NEVER worked for me before. I guess the thing i did differently was to make sure i had my address in each Comenity Store, with an account, and I used Safari instead of my usual Chrome.

You can see my stats in my siggy. Just shy of one year post-BK. 

My goal is to increase my revolving credit to reduce utilization. I will probably never use those cards...but they are there now.

I realize this makes my accounts younger, but I'm waiting for rehabbed 20-30 year old Student Loans to drop on my CR any day now, and that SHOULD offset AAoA, right? :-). Since they were SPs, my CR isn't affected that much...?

EDIT : Just wanted to say that i waited until the offer appeared to me "You're Preapproved!" as per the SCT method. That message did not appear for JCrew or others I tried. It did say it for West Elm but then I got the 2-week review notice.

Anyway, I thought I'd share these two DPs with you.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Comenity SPs - Approved post-BK

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 2 of 14
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks y'all!

Message 4 of 14
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Nice increases!! Congrats!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 5 of 14
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Just be careful not to overdo it.  Too many new accounts, too many store accounts can hurt your long term growth.  Remember, it's a marathon not a race. 

That being said, congrats on your approvals

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit wrote:

Just be careful not to overdo it.  Too many new accounts, too many store accounts can hurt your long term growth.  Remember, it's a marathon not a race. 

That being said, congrats on your approvals

Wise words. Thank you for bringing me back in the garden!! :-) 

Message 7 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals! ...

Message 8 of 14
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Folks,

Yes, I am gardening, I AM, but then I read this weekend that there were SPs for some Comenity cards. Well, it's true.

I was not going to post until I had waited to see if any HPs hit my report, but so far nothing (and trust me, when it happens, it's CK, Credit Sesame, Wallet Hub, Experian, MyFICO, giving me alerts in real time).

Yesterday Overstock approved me for $1500

and today, I was blown away by Pottery Barn's $4000 offer. Woah.

Then i tried West Elm, got the review in 2 weeks letter (so no right?) Got greedy I guess LOL.

ALL SPs. ALL SCTs which NEVER worked for me before. I guess the thing i did differently was to make sure i had my address in each Comenity Store, with an account, and I used Safari instead of my usual Chrome.

You can see my stats in my siggy. Just shy of one year post-BK. 

My goal is to increase my revolving credit to reduce utilization. I will probably never use those cards...but they are there now.

I realize this makes my accounts younger, but I'm waiting for rehabbed 20-30 year old Student Loans to drop on my CR any day now, and that SHOULD offset AAoA, right? :-). Since they were SPs, my CR isn't affected that much...?

EDIT : Just wanted to say that i waited until the offer appeared to me "You're Preapproved!" as per the SCT method. That message did not appear for JCrew or others I tried. It did say it for West Elm but then I got the 2-week review notice.

Anyway, I thought I'd share these two DPs with you.

Way to get the most out of your cards!

Thanks for sharing your story,

Cheers

Message 9 of 14
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.