Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Total Rewards $4k CLI Success

tag
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

Comenity Total Rewards $4k CLI Success

I don't see much posted on this card anymore, so thought I would share some data points on my CLI success for those who may find it useful for either applying or seeking a CLI.

Last CLI was for $4K which took the card to $19.5K in Feb 2018. I did not request an increase until today.(I tend to give a bit of cushion on the 4 month rule). Another $4K today to $23.5.

Stats - Card opened 9/16 -(this is my only Comenity card and I have no store cards at all from any lender.)

Highest CL - Amex- $39.5K

Lowest CL - Wells Fargo- $800 Smiley Indifferent 

Scores at time of request: mid 700's

Inquiries: EQ8 -4 inq (one is Comenity coming off in Sept), 1 CC - 7/17, 1 Mtg- 8/17,  1 Auto-12/17

TU8 - 2 inq 1 Mtg -8/17, 1 CC - 7/17 

EX8 - 3 inq 1 Mtg -8/17,  2 CC - 7/17 

Usage - average swipes 5-10 per month. No large purchases and no big balances. Pay in full and leave a small balance for statement reporting. 

I know that most people do not like Comenity products and have no use for this card, but I have not had any issues. With that said, I think I am also pretty conservative in my credit seeking activity. Now to see if this is a soft or hard pull. I may apply for one more card, the Citi AA Advantage because I need the sign up bonus , but after that it's back in the garden....

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Total Rewards $4k CLI Success

Pretty sweet!  Congrats!

Message 2 of 12
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Nice DP's thanks for sharing..

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 12
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you.  I always try at exactly 12:16 am on month 4 and day 1.  I now always get $1,500 CLIs.  My two Comenity co-branded cards are spaced out exactly 2 months apart so it satisfies my itch getting a new CLI every two months.

I think I'll take a break from this schedule when my next CLI takes me above the $10k level on my Total Rewards.  Sportsman's Guide is already there.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice CLI.  Thanks for the data points!  Approval posts are so much more useful with them.

Message 8 of 12
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you.  I always try at exactly 12:16 am on month 4 and day 1.  I now always get $1,500 CLIs.  My two Comenity co-branded cards are spaced out exactly 2 months apart so it satisfies my itch getting a new CLI every two months.

I think I'll take a break from this schedule when my next CLI takes me above the $10k level on my Total Rewards.  Sportsman's Guide is already there.

Thank you an$ it looks like you have a good handle on their system. I am in a good place with the limit and am always cautious about poking the bear. I think that is why I stretch out the request. Good luck on your next bump.

Message 9 of 12
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice CLI.  Thanks for the data points!  Approval posts are so much more useful with them.

Thank you and I hope that the data points are helpful. I found others data points immensely useful so I hope to give back to this amazing forum. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.