Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank - Save the Children Approved

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Commerce Bank - Save the Children Approved

Well lets start out by saying what a LONG application process and a backwards bank.  I found out when you apply they don't pull your credit right then that is just the application system.  A UW had to pick up your application from that system and input it into another system which then pulls your credit.  With that said I had my EQ unlocked TWO weeks and no pulls to the freeze went back on and Saturday I finally got my AA letter of denied to EQ being frozen about 3 weeks after application.  I called them today and said have at it and unthawed it.  I was instant approved by the system while talking to the UW.  I won't lie I was a bit disappointed on the limit as approved for 7k.  I was expecting 10-15k approval, but for this card in all honesty I won't even come close to probably using 1k of it.  Was just another "challenge bank" to get in with now that my EQ is clean.. Not sure what version of EQ they pulled nor did the UW know (she was very very nice btw).  She said my EQ scores was 754 which matches up to no version of my EQ score that I saw a month ago and know my 09 Score is 780 atm and my 08 score a few days ago due to MF subscription was 770ish, so not sure if mortgage score?  Anyways approved, just a bit disappointed on my SL.  I have close or combined 7 cards I believe in the last two months and opened up 2.  Might do a 3rd being the new Amex Gold as love the rewards structure.  Alot of inquiries this last year and 14 total on EQ.

Anyone by chance know how CLI's work with them or if recon is possible with approval as stated it was instant from the system once my credit was pulled.  Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 4.48.05 PM.png

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Commerce Bank - Save the Children Approved

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CC. 🥓🥓🎉🎊🎈🍾

Message 3 of 19
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Anyone by chance know how CLI's work with them or if recon is possible with approval as stated it was instant from the system once my credit was pulled.  Thanks in advance.

Congrats on the approval, sorry I'm not aware of that banks CLI process, but I would think it will grow with use!  At least after the effort, it was a positive outcome.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! And sounds like a worthy cause regardless of the amount you put on the card. 

Message 5 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Looks like a great cause. $35 bucks after first charge for the kids. 3% CB wireless service aint bad at all. Congrats

Message 6 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congratulations CC! Nice to see you land the STC credit card!
Message 7 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all.. Although not clear after their first donation of $35 how much they give on spend after that.  They word it they give a percentage charged, but they don't say what percentage.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the approval and what a wacky system they have..lol, glad it worked out in the end Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting card. Congrats! on the approval, CC.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.