Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Navy Denial/Approval ($25k)

tag
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Confusing Navy Denial/Approval ($25k)

Back in April, I applied for Navy's Flagship and was denied due to not qualifying for the necessary minimum $5k limit; that was their reasoning as outlined in their response to my request for reconsideration. (This makes no sense because I have 800+ credit scores across the board, 6-figure income, very low utilization).

Fast forward to just a few minutes ago, I was looking online and checked pre-qualification link they provide for current members; voila, I'm pre-qualified for every card they offer, including the Flagship.

I decide to try my luck and applied for the cashREWARDS and was approved for $25k and their lowest APR on card of 9.65%.

Needless to say, Navy is confusing.350F26B1-CE31-406B-8727-FF7C5C19D7AD.jpeg

8BED9A44-EC04-490C-9AFB-E86F674FF4F5.jpeg

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
37 REPLIES 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Confusing Navy Denial/Approval ($25k)

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 2 of 38
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thank you. They are so strange to say I don't qualify for $5k, then turnaround and approve me for $25k! Nothing has changed on my credit since last month except for a couple more inquiries and new credit lines.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 4 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Thank you. They are so strange to say I don't qualify for $5k, then turnaround and approve me for $25k! Nothing has changed on my credit since last month except for a couple more inquiries and new credit lines.

@revjamesl 

That is Navy, really can't figure them out 100%

They always keep you guessing ..

and when you least expect it $25K at the lowest rate for that CC.

Message 5 of 38
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU Cash Rewards approval! That is an outstanding SL and APR!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your very nice NFCU cashRewards approval!

Message 7 of 38
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@revjamesl wrote:

Back in April, I applied for Navy's Flagship and was denied due to not qualifying for the necessary minimum $5k limit; that was their reasoning as outlined in their response to my request for reconsideration. (This makes no sense because I have 800+ credit scores across the board, 6-figure income, very low utilization).

Fast forward to just a few minutes ago, I was looking online and checked pre-qualification link they provide for current members; voila, I'm pre-qualified for every card they offer, including the Flagship.

I decide to try my luck and applied for the cashREWARDS and was approved for $25k and their lowest APR on card of 9.65%.

Needless to say, Navy is confusing.350F26B1-CE31-406B-8727-FF7C5C19D7AD.jpeg

8BED9A44-EC04-490C-9AFB-E86F674FF4F5.jpeg

Call and do and PC to flagship!

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 8 of 38
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

congratulations.gifsource.gif

Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@revjamesl  Super Congrats on your Navy Fed Cash Rewards $25,000 approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

You certainly went from one extreme to the other. From not qualifying at all 

for a minimum 5k limit on the Flagship to getting 25k @9.65% for the CR is

strange indeed. And if you'd like to make things even stranger, then I would take

@Harvey26  's advice: Request a product change to the Flagship. That's the card you

originally wanted anyway. I'd love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your Navy Fed approval. Thanks so much for sharing!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.