Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider Golden1 - CLI Approved

tag
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Consider Golden1 - CLI Approved

I saw that the reward structure on the card is improving for everyday expenses and thought it would be a good idea to revitalize it a bit. The card will soon earn 4% on gas and 3% on dining and groceries (https://www.golden1.com/credit-cards-loans/credit-cards/new-card-options). I got the card a little over a year ago and was given a limit of $10k with an APR of 9.79%. I would randomly use it for small transactions ($.99 on Google) just to keep the card active. When I applied for the card, it was meant to replace the Navy FCU - More Rewards card since AMEX was not widely accepted, especially at small shops. I also didn't really use the card since it was ugly looking Smiley Happy and it wasn't even a "Signature." With the new update, the card will now be a "Signature" and is better looking Smiley Happy My boredom got to me so I decided to apply for a limit increase and was approved for $30k. The credit union still uses FICO-2 and my score was 738, 1% utilization, ROFL/24, and a bunch of inquiries. I do have a checking account that I do not actively use and also have a LOC with them.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 132022.pngScreenshot 2022-03-02 131941.png

11 REPLIES 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Consider Golden1 - CLI Approved

That's a terrific improvement!!  Congratulations on your Golden1 CLI Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 2 of 12
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 3 of 12
Reviewers
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 4 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Golden 1 CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 5 of 12
gordoncharles25
New Contributor

congrats and what the requirement to join this cu. hard pull ? chexystems?

Message 6 of 12
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Their membership base is all of California. I don't recall them doing a HP to join, but they did do a HP when I applied for a CC and LOC. And yes to Chex.

Message 7 of 12
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

It's been a very long time since I joined, so I am not familiar with current qualifications or credit pulls/Chexsystems for new memberships. Used to be SEG-based, and at some point I believe became open to all Californians.

But I can say that as of a couple of years ago, if you were interested in their credit products, you had to currently reside in California. I moved away some years ago, and wasted a HP because they didn't make that clear on their website. Once a member, always a member, but California-based members are slightly more equal Smiley Sad 

It'd be worth a call to confirm before applying.

Message 8 of 12
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats !

This is one of the CUs that interest me, but I tend to forget about. Once I let my recently ravaged EX heal I may give them a shot while I'm still in the Golden State.

Message 9 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congratulations @sto0pyd for your Golden 1 card cli.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.