Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi 6500 after CH 7 BK

tag
BigOrange
New Contributor

Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi 6500 after CH 7 BK

My only late payment dropped off recently and my my TU FICO jumped 56 points to 708, so I decided to apply for a Costco Citi Visa! I was approved for 6500.00! Thanks for everyone's advice last year telling me to hold off. HP was on EXPERIAN.

Should also note that I used the Citi Prequalify tool and did not prequalify for any cards.

My history-
I had a CH 7 BK discharged 6 years ago. I got the secured Capital One card on 8/2014 with 900.00 limit.  A year later applied for the Capital one QS and got approved for 6500.00! They then upgraded my secured card to a non-secured card.

A year ago, went out on a limb and appied for a Discover Card and got approved for a 9500.00 limit which was a home run (recently increase to 12,500)

About 20 days ago, I got the Kohls card with a 1,000.00 limit and at that time my TU FICO on Discover was 652. 

Shortly afterwards the only late payment on my CR dropped off so I now have zero late payments and my TU FICO jumped 56 points to 708! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi 6500 after CH 7 BK

Congrats to you on the approval, and the late payment dropping. Be extra diligent now and in the future about your payments. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Big Congrats on what has to be a happy smile after this Citicard approval.

All the best with your next choices moving ahead with the more favorable profile now Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats👍 Very nice SL. You have rebuilt your credit quite well.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats👍 Very nice SL. You have rebuilt your credit quite well.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your great approvals! Also congrats on raising your score!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! I'm glad you listened to the sage advice to hold off Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice SL.   Fantastic job on the rebuild, i admire your patience... 

Congrats from Patrick.gif

Message 8 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congrats ! You know you are making it when 5 CLs stop by to say WTGSmiley Happy And a Magic super conyributer to bootSmiley Wink. Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your COSTCO Approval, the AWESOME SL, your Rebuild Success, Thanks for the DPs, and Welcome to the Citi family!!! Smiley Happy

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.