Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card Approval

Hey everyone. Smiley Happy

Just got approved for Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card for a SCL of $5,500 - plenty to start with!  Doing my happy dance! Smiley Happy

Something that may be worth noting for others considering this card, the approval states that you must keep your Costco membership active.  If you don't they can cancel the card.  Also wanted to mention that technically, you don't have to wait for your card to arrive to you.  You can go to Costco and they will give you a temporary credit card - nice touch on Costco/Citi's part. 

Stats:

• Fico 8 EQ: 684, TU: 682, EX: 723 (as of 10/30/2016)
  • EX Fico Bancard Score 8: 745
  • Number of Accounts: 14
  • AAoA : 13 yrs 9 m
  • Oldest Account: 21 yrs 1 m
  • Accounts opened in past year: 1

Recent Inquiries:

• EQ: 2 (02/2016)
  • TU: 1 (05/2016)
  • EX: 0

Util: 0% (just recenly PIF)

BADDIES: ALL closed & PIF on 01/2013

• Public Records: 1 Tax Lien Released ( not listed on EX)
  • Lates: 11/2010, 02/2011, 03/2011 (auto loan)

CLOSED ACCOUNTS: ALL closed, PIF, never late

• 1 installment: 12/2015 (auto loan)
  • 1 mortgage: 1/2009
  • Several student loans: 01/2013

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card Approval

WTG. LOTRSmiley Happy Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
WTG. LOTRSmiley Happy Smiley Wink

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got mine last month and LOVE IT! The 0% APR for seven months and the extended warranty on electronics bought with the card is fantastic. Bought a new 65 inch Samsung 4K TV that came with a 2 year Costco warranty, and just by using the card, it extended it to 4 years (plus took 2%).

Enjoy!

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got mine last month and LOVE IT! The 0% APR for seven months and the extended warranty on electronics bought with the card is fantastic. Bought a new 65 inch Samsung 4K TV that came with a 2 year Costco warranty, and just by using the card, it extended it to 4 years (plus took 2%).

Enjoy!

Sweet!  This is really an awesome card. And if you have the Executive membership, you'll get an ADDITIONAL 2% year-end of membership.  How cool is that?!

Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Youve picked up some really nice cards and some nice limits, if this was a rebuild, youve done fantasticSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to Costco the other day and got laughed at when I pulled out my Amex.  "sorry we only take Visa.."

Well done on your approval and SL

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 5500 was my SL too. I've really come to use this card way more than expected. Costco has the best gas prices around here and since they don't take AMEX, that 4% on gas just rocks! I don't know about you, but I also love the idea of my membership auto-renewing on it as I can't tell you how many times over the years that I've completely forgotten to renew.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Great card, good gas prices, and a super store!  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol! LilCeeZ

Though they may have laughed at the pulling of the Amex, you still HAVE an Amex so laughs on themSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.