Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa Citi card Approval

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Youve picked up some really nice cards and some nice limits, if this was a rebuild, youve done fantasticSmiley Happy

Thank you. Smiley Happy

It's a rebuild and then some for sure - considering my credit situation from last year. I still have a ways to go, but I hope to continue to improve my scores as time passes...Mind you, NONE of this would be happening had I not found myFico.  Let me tell ya, I was clueless about how credit worked.  CLUELESS!  

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Went to Costco the other day and got laughed at when I pulled out my Amex.  "sorry we only take Visa.."

Well done on your approval and SL

Interesting...I didn't know that. Smiley Surprised I hope you were able to checkout with your purchases still. 

Most people I know who shop at Costco, went ahead and got a new Amex card that they were offered by Amex to replace the old Costco Amex.  But the same also applied for the new Costco Visa as well.  I wonder what percentage of Costco's customer base just picked up an additional card vs. not.  Too bad Amex and Costco couldn't work it out.  

Message 12 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

MyFico has definitely helped many of us. All i knew of credit was to make sure you make your payments. Had no idea late payments could haunt you for years . At least now we know how better to manage our cards lol!.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! 5500 was my SL too. I've really come to use this card way more than expected. Costco has the best gas prices around here and since they don't take AMEX, that 4% on gas just rocks! I don't know about you, but I also love the idea of my membership auto-renewing on it as I can't tell you how many times over the years that I've completely forgotten to renew.

Thank you!  I plan on using it a lot!  I don't have a Costco store close to where I live, so I plan my expenditures there - always more than I intend.  LOL!  That 4% on gas rocks in so many ways because their gas is cheapest I found where I live AND to get 4% off that?  Wow!  I just knew it wasn't going to include Costco gas in the deal, but yep!, there it was.  Smiley Wink I couldn't get this card fast enough.  LOL.  The 3% deal on restuarants, department stores and travel isn't a bad deal either.  

Truth be told, I have skipped a membership year on purpose because I didn't expect to spend much to warrant the membership cost, but I've done the calculations, and the new card makes auto-renewing worth it. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!  Great card, good gas prices, and a super store!  Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Thank you...and I couldn't agree more! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol! LilCeeZ

Though they may have laughed at the pulling of the Amex, you still HAVE an Amex so laughs on themSmiley Wink

+1

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I've been debating going for that card since we just got a Costco around here, but I feel they'll deny me. I didn't have the best breakup with citi years ago Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! I've been debating going for that card since we just got a Costco around here, but I feel they'll deny me. I didn't have the best breakup with citi years ago Smiley Wink

Unless you don't want to take a HP for a possible denial, why not try?  The worse they can do is deny you, right?  

Depending on how you intend to use the card, there are other cards that may meet your needs as well.   The Costco site did redirect me to the Citi cards site to apply.  Also, a Costco membership is required to complete the application process as you will have to enter your Costco member id.  Good luck!  I'm sure everything will work out for the best.  Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.