Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Card CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Card CL

Got approved for $10,500. Had some hard inquiries recently due to a new car loan and getting the Amex Platinum so figured it'd be a good time to get another cc.

Is $10,500 decent for this card?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Costco Card CL

Congrats on your approval. 

To answer your question...is $10,500 decent for your monthly spend at Costco? 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol. I spend a lot less than that. My question is regarding the amount they approved me for. I have very good credit and am aware that the highest your CL the better for your credit score. So, compared to what others are being approved for, how does $10,500 compare?
Message 3 of 14
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

That's very good.  I was approved for 9,000 on my mine two weeks ago.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 4 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol. I spend a lot less than that. My question is regarding the amount they approved me for. I have very good credit and am aware that the highest your CL the better for your credit score. So, compared to what others are being approved for, how does $10,500 compare?

It's a very good SL but it will only help your scores if you have high utilization on other cards. If you dont, than SL is only relevant in relation to spending. 

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, thats a very good sl. Citi isnt known for superhigh limits anyway, even for good credit.
Message 6 of 14
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I'm was the $9000 club as well. When I asked for SP CLI, they only bumped it to $12500.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before you requested a CLI?
Message 8 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 9 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great SL, grats Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.