cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco VISA Approved! (Lots of Data Points Inside)

tag
specialcase
Established Member

Costco VISA Approved! (Lots of Data Points Inside)

This time I really mean it. I need to get my arse into The Garden(TM) but I couldn't help myself. I applied for the Costco VISA by Citi in order to get the super rewards for shopping at Costco and Gas, which DW and I do a lot and to get an "in" with Citi. Approved with SL of $8000.

DATA POINTS:

CB pulled:  TU (not completely sure about EX since I don't have active monitoring for that one. I know EQ was not pulled because CreditKarma never notified me)

FICO:  710 (pull by Discover when requesting SP CLI last week)

UTL%:  22% overall (QS1 is at 70%, BECU at 38% due to BTs earlier this year), this card will drop me to 19% overall utilization

AoYA [Age of Youngest Account]:  1 month [Sync PayPal MC]

AoOA [Age of Oldest Account]:  4 years, 10 months [Fingerhut]

AAoA [Average Age of Accounts]: ~3 years

Total Overall Credit:  $58950 ($55450 under my own name)

Total Open TLs:  12 revolvers, 1 auto loan, 1 student loan

Baddies:  TU/EX - 2 paid collections from 2013; EQ - 4 medical collections from 2015 + 2 paid from 2013

MY SCORES
[03/2018] EX - 663 (Amex) | TU - 692 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[04/2018] EX - 678 (Amex) | TU - 703 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[05/2018] EX - 677 (Amex) | TU - 709 (BECU) | EQ - 678 (Fingerhut)
Goal: 740 across the board by 01/2019

Credit Cards
Store Cards
Authorized User
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
austingal
Regular Contributor

Re: Costco VISA Approved! (Lots of Data Points Inside)

Congrats! It's an awesome card.

Message 2 of 6
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Nice approval and starting limit considering the baddies that remain. You give me hope for this card.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 3 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice jobSmiley Happy excellent points dataSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

As others stated nice SL considering the baddies and the utilization.  Congrats as it is a good card use it every few days and certainly for gas right next to where i work at costco!   Really it offsets my costco membership and a bit more with my amount of use on it, which is good enough for me Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
specialcase
Established Member

I was pretty shocked myself when the decision came through. I was expecting something closer to the $3000 to $5000 range in line with the average of my other cards.

Now my singular focus is going to be taking the utilization on my current portfolio down to AZEO and hopefully picking up some auto-CLI and softpull-CLI love along the way. Nothing I can really do about the baddies but let them age off. Once the balances are paid off I'm expecting (hoping) for a FICO in the 750 range.

I doubt I will apply for any of the "premium" cards (e.g. Chase CSP, AMEX Platinum) because I don't make or spend enough IMO to justify annual fees. I downgraded my AMEX BCP to BCE for just this reason.
MY SCORES
[03/2018] EX - 663 (Amex) | TU - 692 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[04/2018] EX - 678 (Amex) | TU - 703 (BECU) | EQ - 685 (Fingerhut)
[05/2018] EX - 677 (Amex) | TU - 709 (BECU) | EQ - 678 (Fingerhut)
Goal: 740 across the board by 01/2019

Credit Cards
Store Cards
Authorized User
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.