Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa Pending... Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Costco Visa Pending... Update: Approved

I applied for this card last Thursday and it's still pending😕 Is this normal? I called application status line and have been told basically they're still processing it and they may give me a call if further information is needed. Huh? Anyone encounter this with Costco/Citi before?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Visa Pending.....

I am guessing you are going to get a letter in the mail saying denied and why. Anytime I have been told something is processing and whatever for a good length of time, it was because of that and they don't like to say it.

For this card, I was instantly approved happily enough. Your scores are like mine, but your inqs are high. I had 1.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's weird because they are saying it's not declined. It's still processing and it maybe updated via email.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont worry too much. I was pending as well back then. I got the letter few days later, they just need verification of doc from me, I submitted my DL showing my current address as requested and "approved" after that. Just wait Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh really? I figured they could do a verification over the phone or something but no.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still pending....no update.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you get the letter yet?

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Not yet.
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally called again today 05/18; rep said that she what go ahead and expedite the application for me by doing a call to me to finalize a decision. So we hung up, she called back in about 20mins verified some info and BAM! APPROVED $5500 SL. I was expecting more but this will be fine for now. Now I have Citi Costco and Citi Best Buy to sneak my way in before I try any premier cards later this fall/winter.
Message 9 of 19
Manonfire
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Finally called again today 05/18; rep said that she what go ahead and expedite the application for me by doing a call to me to finalize a decision. So we hung up, she called back in about 20mins verified some info and BAM! APPROVED $5500 SL. I was expecting more but this will be fine for now. Now I have Citi Costco and Citi Best Buy to sneak my way in before I try any premier cards later this fall/winter.

Congrats! Were you preapproved for this card by any chance on Citi's website?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.