cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa finally approved after 6 applications!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Visa finally approved after 6 applications!!

Awesome!  Perisitance does pay off!Smiley Happy  I seriously think Citi has relaxed their guidelines for approval of the Costco Visa.  What do you guys think?

Message 11 of 18
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Awesome!  Perisitance does pay off!Smiley Happy  I seriously think Citi has relaxed their guidelines for approval of the Costco Visa.  What do you guys think?

I know that they were constantly denying people for too many inquiries in the previous 6 months, but their threshold was arbitrary. I can tell you this from firsthand experience, since both of my denials included that for a reason.  The first time I was denied I think I had 4 on my EX and Citi made 5. The second time I had 5, and the second Citi made 6. The final time I applied I had 5, and Citi made 6 again. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In all 5 apps, I had the same "too many inquiries" reason for denial.  What's hilarious is that I added 2 more inquiries since my last application, and I got approved, lol!

Message 13 of 18
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the belated approval!

Perhaps the underwriter just manually subtracted the inquiries from all of your previous redundant Costco applications, and voila!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol! I like that theory.Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!  I'm looking to put in an application for Costco Visa as well soon. 

Just curious, how much time did you allow to lapse between applications? Was it all in a span of one year or multiple years?

Thanks!

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was within a span of about 2 years. Probably every 2-3 months or so.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on nice SL , go to garden stay for a while hehe

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.