Established Contributor

Re: Costco visa approval with bk showing

Congrats!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me.  BK discharged in May 2014.  EX in the 670s range.  Instant approval for 5.5k.  We just had a baby 6 months ago so this card will definitely come in handy at Costco.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

based on your feedback and a few other peoples messages about the Costco card being BK friendly, I decided to come out of the garden and apply. I did not get an immeadite approval but I got a "We need more information from  you please give us a call" message. I called in kind of nervous as I applied for a Thank You Premier card a few months ago and they were firm in the "No approvals for 7 years post BK" but thought I would give it a shot, especially with my EX Fico being my highest score currently at 698. The rep came back on the phone after 10 minutes did not ask me any questions and said she was declining my application and that I would recieve a letter in the mail in 7-10 days. When I asked if anything could be done, she said no. I escalated to a supervisor the supervisor came on and cliff notes version "We policy decline all applications from applicants who have had a BK in the past 7 years, there are no exceptions". I told the rep that I am seeing a few recent approvals for the costco visa from Fico forum members that have had BK's recently and why am I being excluded when my BK is much older than some of the approved ones. She said she would have her manager call me back to discuss. its rather frustrating because I am a citigold member and have my mortgage and another Citicard with the bank that I have had open for 5 years with a 10,000 line. Ill wait to see what the manager has to say when she calls and will post the response.

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recieved a call back. The supervisor indicated that he wasnt sure why anyone said I was declined due to BK, it had been another reason and he was going to submit it to another area for an exception request to see if they will approve the card. He said it will take 10-14 days to hear back from that department and someone will call me.

Will keep you all posted. 

Message 15 of 31
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Recieved a call back. The supervisor indicated that he wasnt sure why anyone said I was declined due to BK, it had been another reason and he was going to submit it to another area for an exception request to see if they will approve the card. He said it will take 10-14 days to hear back from that department and someone will call me.

Will keep you all posted. 

Fingers crossed for you 

Message 16 of 31
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  My BK d/c in Nov 2012. I may have to pull the trigger after all!

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmmmm. I wonder what I could get with a 648 and 1 charge off from 2009. Lol

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forget about it if you have a charge off you will get a fat no.
Message 19 of 31
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Well done. Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.