cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could. Not. Resist. Amazon Prime

tag
X23

Could. Not. Resist. Amazon Prime

So after much debate and signing up for the 30 day Prime trial, I decided to pull the trigger.

I didn't think I was going to get approved, cause of 2010 BK, 3 recent inquiries w/approvals 6 overall the last 2 years and score drop of 13 points (668)

So, after a 30 day message upon apping, I thought for sure I was going to get declined. Haven't had a Chase card since the BK. I kept calling the robo lady and it kept saying it was under review, so I decided to call the next day. After finding the back door number here, I called the next afternoon. Luckily I got this really cool guy and after asking my app status he said that it was declined due to BK...Smiley Sad Then he asked, do you want to recon? Ummmmm, yeah please! He then proceeded to ask me a few questions.

1. Why did you file for BK?

2. What are you doing differently now.

3. Where do you work and title.

4. How much do you make.

He placed me on hold and came back 5 minutes later with the news, CONGRATS YOU ARE APPROVED FOR 5K!! Was hoping for a higher limit, especially since I was just approved for AMEX Blue Cash with a 15K limit and a Cap One World Elite with 10K limit the previous month. Just happy to be in with Chase! Question now is, how long do I wait for another Chase card?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Could. Not. Resist. Amazon Prime

Congrats...  

IMO take it slowly with Chase as with a BK on your file you are going to have to recon every one of your applications with them unti lthe BK falls off.  So with that said let them see alittle history with you either 6-12 months then possibly go for another one assuming it is a card that isnt under the 5x24 rule if you are over 5x24 at the time of the application.

Message 2 of 13
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@X23 wrote:

So after much debate and signing up for the 30 day Prime trial, I decided to pull the trigger.

I didn't think I was going to get approved, cause of 2010 BK, 3 recent inquiries w/approvals 6 overall the last 2 years and score drop of 13 points (668)

So, after a 30 day message upon apping, I thought for sure I was going to get declined. Haven't had a Chase card since the BK. I kept calling the robo lady and it kept saying it was under review, so I decided to call the next day. After finding the back door number here, I called the next afternoon. Luckily I got this really cool guy and after asking my app status he said that it was declined due to BK...Smiley Sad Then he asked, do you want to recon? Ummmmm, yeah please! He then proceeded to ask me a few questions.

4. How much do you make.

He placed me on hold and came back 5 minutes later with the news, CONGRATS YOU ARE APPROVED FOR 5K!! Was hoping for a higher limit, especially since I was just approved for AMEX Blue Cash with a 15K limit and a Cap One World Elite with 10K limit the previous month. Just happy to be in with Chase! Question now is, how long do I wait for another Chase card?

Congratulatios!

Did you include Chase in your bankruptcy? I did in mine back in 2011.

Message 3 of 13
X23

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@X23 wrote:

4. How much do you make.

Congratulatios!

I did.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@X23 wrote:

4. How much do you make.

1. You were convinced you were declined.

2. Then they approve you for 5k, and you say you were hoping for a higher SL.

3. I'm shocked they didn't approve you for $500.

4. I suggest you get the when can I get another Chase card out of your thoughts. You may wake up with your credit line slashed if you press your luck.

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 5 of 13
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@X23 wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@X23 wrote:

4. How much do you make.

Congratulatios!

I did.

Thanks!

There maybe some hope for me.  I just got approved for an Amex?

I will need to check this out!

Message 6 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

First...congrats on the approval, and getting back in with Chase post Bk.

Second....I wouldnt push my luck at all. You call in and try to recon that limit of "only" $5k, chase just might say...."mmmm, you burned us, maybe we made a mistake approving you, after you burned us, and a nice SL at that, "....and close it. Its happened before.

Im sorry, but its really arrogant to want "more" from Chase, and feel slighted. You burned a major lender, they let you back with a NICE SL, and you're disappointed? As far as another card with them...youll be auto declined for each app for the BK reporting, and youre flagged in their system.  I wouldnt apply for another Chase card for at least 6-12 months of history first with your new card.  Youre lucky you got this one. 

Who cares if your Amex limit is $15k....My highest is $48k, and Chase reluctantly, and begrudgingly let me in with the Amazon Visa $3k, and Im so grateful.

I would use the card, and build history for 6-12 months, and then ask for a CLI....or you could recon your limit, and have an UW take a 2nd look at the acct, and risk them lowering it or closing it altogether. Good luck in the future with Chase, as I will be treating them very carefully and not asking for anything for at least  a year. I plan on using my card heavily, with PIF payments, and hope for an auto sometime this yearSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

This a great data point for BKrs! 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the new card! There's so many of us who have it now Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card! So many people have gotten it and it's tempting me so to app for it! In my humble opinion though, with BK showing you got a good limit from a bank who is pretty strict. Don't knock the $5k, it will grow! Use the card and enjoy it.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.