Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Amex Blue Cash Preferred Approval

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Crazy Amex Blue Cash Preferred Approval

I haven't applied for any credit cards since October of 2020 because I wanted to apply for a mortgage. I closed on my house on May 31st. I have been waiting to apply for a card for a very long time. I wasn't even sure which card to apply for so I was thinking of posting here to solicit suggestions but I never got around to it. I have a BK7 that was discharged in July of 2016 and fortunately because I found this site my rebuild has gone well. I only had 2 inquiries on each report (all from mortgage shopping). I was thinking of the USAA Amex card because getting a USAA card has always been my ultimate goal but my FICO 3 didn't respond well to the 2 inquiries. Stupid FICO 3.  Smiley Sad

I was thinking of the US Bank Cash Plus because I'm 0/12 until the mortgage reports and that's a rare thing. I thought about the Amazon Prime Signature card because I'm 2/24 and it would probably be my only way in with Chase with a BK but they could say no to me. And then there was the Amex Blue Cash Preferred because mostly what I buy is just groceries anyway, the SUB is good and I figured starting a relationship with Amex might yield even more cards in the future. I went to do the prequal which I haven't done in about 3 months (I'd done it at least monthly for about a year) and I noticed that it said that it now tells you if you are approved or not before they pull your credit. Well I tried it and it said I was approved. I didn't want to close it and lose the approval and so I decided the Blue Cash Preferred would be my big post mortgage approval credit card application and I finished the out the application. I was really genuinely shocked to be approved for $30K! It's not my first 30K limit but it's definitely the first time I ever had a new lender start me out that high. I'm pretty happy. I guess I picked the right one to apply for. They pulled Transunion and Experian I'm not sure which version they use. They said the card should arrive by 6/13. I had problems getting my card number. Too many attempts they said, so now I have to wait for the card to see the number. The APR is 22.74% but I'll never carry a balance anyway. If anyone has any pearls of knowledge about Amex that I should know please do tell. 
5B5AF330-511D-45B9-ACE1-ADE792E62E0A.jpeg

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Crazy Amex Blue Cash Preferred Approval

Holy Moly! Congrats on awesome card and SL! 🥂🤑👍👍

Now would this still works for 3X CLI 😂 Keep us posted!

Message 2 of 23
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the great approval there

Message 3 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Kudos to you on your new home and successful rebuild resulting in this solid top level approval from Amex Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 23
NalekSok
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and nice SL! 🎉

Message 5 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

Holy Moly! Congrats on awesome card and SL! 🥂🤑👍👍

Now would this still works for 3X CLI 😂 Keep us posted!

Thanks @CYBERSAM 

I think I've read on here that Amex won't give CLI's if you still have a BK reporting. I'm not sure if that's still true. That was actually one of my concerns applying for the card. I was really hoping to get a usable limit.  Right now I'm perfectly happy and I actually might not even ask for one. Shocking development for me.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

Congrats on the great approval there

Thank you @simplynoir!

Message 7 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Kudos to you on your new home and successful rebuild resulting in this solid top level approval from Amex Smiley Happy

Thanks @gdale6 I consider this to be a great compliment coming from you.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 23
Hex
Valued Contributor

@NalekSok wrote:

Congratulations on your approval and nice SL! 🎉

Thank you @NalekSok  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Congratulations what a great starting credit limit from Amex.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.