cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Comenity Approved $1,000 Sephora Visa and now closed?

tag
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Crazy Comenity Approved $1,000 Sephora Visa and now closed?

I recently went on an app spree. I was approved for a Becu Secured Card, Walmart $300 MC, denied PayPal Extras MC due to too many inquiries and I'm not sure what's going on with Sephora... 
I applied in the store and got the 7-10 message. I received a letter that asked me to call in so they could continue processing my application. I called and they asked me a few questions about past addresses, which street I ever lived on and whatever. She told me I was approved for the Sephora Visa with a $1,000 limit. 
I've read over the past week that Comenity is good about approving Visa or MC's then closing the account. 

I called into the automated system and it just asked for the last 4 of my SSN and told me, "you have a $0 balance, no payment is due, no payment has been received... please tell me what I can help you with... main menu, tell me more .etc" so I asked for more details and it repeated the above and said, "there is no available credit"

I wonder if they closed me down this fast? Or want to wait until I activate the card?

I have 4 inquiries on TU, 3 on Experian, and 2 on Equifax... all recent. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Crazy Comenity Approved $1,000 Sephora Visa and now closed?

Congratulations on your approval?

Do you have the card in hand? I would think you need to activate it? Maybe another member can advise?
Message 2 of 15
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Hi, no I don't have the card in my hand. I received a letter asking me to call in & I did that and was told I'm approved. 
I don't have the card and haven't activated it. I'm sure I'll see what the future holds 

Message 3 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I have no Comenity experience. I will defer to experienced members.
Message 4 of 15
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

Hi, no I don't have the card in my hand. I received a letter asking me to call in & I did that and was told I'm approved. 
I don't have the card and haven't activated it. I'm sure I'll see what the future holds 

Its possible card was closed due to other apps. I'd call CS to see what they say.

Message 5 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!

Message 7 of 15
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@TattnallTrio wrote:

I recently went on an app spree. I was approved for a Becu Secured Card, Walmart $300 MC, denied PayPal Extras MC due to too many inquiries and I'm not sure what's going on with Sephora... 
I applied in the store and got the 7-10 message. I received a letter that asked me to call in so they could continue processing my application. I called and they asked me a few questions about past addresses, which street I ever lived on and whatever. She told me I was approved for the Sephora Visa with a $1,000 limit. 
I've read over the past week that Comenity is good about approving Visa or MC's then closing the account. 

I called into the automated system and it just asked for the last 4 of my SSN and told me, "you have a $0 balance, no payment is due, no payment has been received... please tell me what I can help you with... main menu, tell me more .etc" so I asked for more details and it repeated the above and said, "there is no available credit"

I wonder if they closed me down this fast? Or want to wait until I activate the card?

I have 4 inquiries on TU, 3 on Experian, and 2 on Equifax... all recent. 

That happened to me with Ulta MasterCard the pre approved me and then closed it two days later and called it in and said too many new account one and low credit score 825 out of 900 then said we may look at your other comenity accounts.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the website for the store. Sign in and see if an open account is there. I have several Comenity cards back when I was rebuilding and the SCT worked almost all the time. The Sportsmans Guide Visa is still open. The Fuel Rewards MC closed a couple of years ago when Comenity lost Shell.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year I went kind of crazy, as well. Had gotten approved for a Comenity Toyota Rewards VISA Sig with a $5k SL then a Westgate MC with a $1k SL. Two weeks (or so) later, trying to keep the streak alive, I app'd for an Orbitz card. That one was denied and they also close the Visa and MC, which both had a balance. 

I called and was told it was for too many recent inquiries and there was nothing I could do. I could reapply in 30 days. SMH.

Hopefully the outcome is different for you. Good luck!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.