Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Day with NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crazy Day with NFCU

Well today was interesting. First a little background of the journey so far...

After years of work got approved and bought my first home in 2017.

A state tax lien that had been keeing me in the low 500s despite eliminating 25k in baddies had fallen off due to new regulations and working my way into several credit cards, most notably my nfcu for 2500 (denied my try for 25k cli ha)and my amex blue for 1k(denied my 3x cli). I didn't have money for closing and I feared it would come back on so I put all my payroll in the bank for 2 months and lived off of my credit cards. At the time 2 cap1 quicksilver and a venture rewards, 2 credit one, a first premier, a 1k amex blue, and my coveted NFCU green card. Well we got the house but the credit card debt and first year of new home ownership had me maxed at 14k in credit cards and stuck with a sub 600 score. With so many payments i was staying current but not paying off much if any debt before the next crisis occured. Then 4 months ago I hatched a new plan.

I managed to get 2 months mortgage saved and dumped my next 3 payroll checks into paying off some cards.

My score got to 620 with the quick bump from big payments and I qualified for an upstart loan to pay off my balances

and get my score moving. I had been trying to get a loan for some time but the debt kept me out of range so when i finally got approved i jumped on it. 15k at 22.3%. I paid all of my cards off and my monthly CC payments went from 550-600 to $408. Saved myself like 7k in interest over the 5 years. Then over 2 months while it all caught up to my reports my score shot into the 700s again!

Curious I tried the cap 1 love button on all three of my cards, i had stopped trying since they always said no with my crappy profile.

Requested increases to 5k on each. First quicksilver denied but $250 increase ha, figures i thought. I hit 5k increase request on the second and boom approved! What? Last one was the venture and approved for 5k bump again!

Intrigued I tried citi pre approval who always shunned me... approved for! Deciding I did not want to rush into a new card until I thought about my next moves I moved on. A week later a nice big envelop from citi that i tossed in the trah with all of my daily 1k scam card offers for 30%.

two days ago they send me an even bigger letter with high gloss, the thing was beautiful. WTH they seduced me. Instant approval $6500!

Then I thought, well let's see if I can a better deal on this loan. I remembered the nfcu cloc and I had been with them for 3 years without a cli request or one from them either lol. 

I thought WTH I'll try to get a cloc for 15k and get rid of the upstart crazy %%%.

Got a note to call in, approved for 500. LOL. Dammit. I tried working the guy to no avail, they were stuck on that 500.

Well I'll take it since i got the hard pull I thought ha! He advised me they also offered a personal loan option and I told him I would research it a bit.

Then I thought well if I'm getting the HP my as well try for a CLI finally.

We'll get back to you notice. ha. Then I thought well last thing I'll try for a new card knowing sometimes they are stingier with a cli then new card.

Which one I thought.... Platinum of course why the hell not.

Instant approval for 20k at 12.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I about passed out.

Now I thought, well maybe the personal loan will go onthe same hard pull too...

BOOM 15k instant approval at 15%!

Love you NFCU! Called and finally cancelled my frist premier and 2 credit ones.

For the final surprise they put the money in my checking account by the end of the day.

No phone calls, fax them docs nothing. Just we like your profile man. Feel great!

Tomorrow I get to call upstart and pay off my loan balance 3 payments in! 

My monthly CC debt payments go from $550-600 to start down to 408 and now 360 a month!

Even with the upstart robbing me for 800 on loan origination to get thi ball rolling, I have saved myself like 12k in interest over the next 5 years and all of my cards are empty!

Now to garden and pay off this 15k. Gonna try to bang it out!

Thanks to everyone here. My life is totally different than when i found this place years ago!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Crazy Day with NFCU

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 3 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 26
gjean78
Regular Contributor

congratulations on your approvals, most importantly congratulations on getting lower apr that gonna save u 12k in 5 years. smart move buddy 👏🏾💪🏾

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Job!  Way to make it happan!  Shows a ton of determination.

Message 6 of 26
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and CLIs!!

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals.

Message 8 of 26
azsnake
New Contributor

Man! That was a crazy story. Lol
I had a good laugh and could feel your ups and downs while reading. Really happy for you it all worked out. After paying and saving the NFCU loan you will be sitting pretty good. Congratulations!

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, congrats! Gotta love navy they know how to show the love!!!
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.