Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Analyst to Consult His Manager

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Analyst to Consult His Manager

Went for boa cash rewards cc today and was declined. Called ca and after a few questions and a long hold he came back and said he is leaning toward approval and that will be his recommendation to his manager. Is it a bad sign when a credit analyst can't approve you without getting approval from their manager?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Analyst to Consult His Manager

@Anonymous wrote:
Went for boa cash rewards cc today and was declined. Called ca and after a few questions and a long hold he came back and said he is leaning toward approval and that will be his recommendation to his manager. Is it a bad sign when a credit analyst can't approve you without getting approval from their manager?

Hi Holliem, 

This happened to me a couple months ago when I applied for my BOFA MLB card, days later I received a call and basically I was told that I needed to move some balance from other CC in order to be approved, I moved 2k from my Merrill+ so I got an approval right there for 2K, in my case I had over 40K in credit with BOFA so I totally got it, after a month the luv bottom shows up on my Merrill+ and I was approved for 5K increase, I asked for 10K lol.

If you have a history with BOFA this could be why.

Hope this help.

Note: I think you posted in the wront place, this is just approval only Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh bummer I didn't mean to post in the wrong place, gotta learn my way around here😮

I don't have an account with them and he knew it so Idk will see. Thanks for your reply😀
Message 3 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hi, its not necessarily a bad thing. It means he/she is trying to get you approved where as the computer said no. Many people have gotten their denied app approved this way. Let us know how it turns outSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hi, its not necessarily a bad thing. It means he/she is trying to get you approved where as the computer said no. Many people have gotten their denied app approved this way. Let us know how it turns outSmiley Happy

This is exactly what it happened to me AJC, she wanted to approve my app but the computer was saying otherwise, the only way to get approved was moving 2K but yeah, if they want to help you, you will get helped lol

Message 5 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

This happened to me a year ago on a denial and turned into a 1k recon by manager approval... now I have 50k in credit with BofA... BofA grows fast if they like you and your spend/profile/income support it!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AverageJoesCredit!, made me feel all warm and fuzzy😀 I keep checking online status and it keeps saying under review,🤜 I will let y'all know how it turns out
Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Happy No worries lol, we're pullin for youSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I believe it's just protocol with BOA these days when they want to overturn a denial. It has to be approved by a manager in many if not all cases. Doesn't mean anything bad.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

👍 $3,500 SL! Y'all were right! Thanks AverageJoesCredit and all 😀
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.