Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Application Spree

Holy moly. Congrats.

That's about 20+k in MSR in 90 days.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where was PenFed in the spree? Early, late, middle?

Message 15 of 17
NuMeNuDay
Established Member

@Morpho - Actually, I applied for everything on the same day, hoping to corral all the inquiries into a group (didn't really work though LOL), but I applied to them probably towards the end. I literally sat at my computer and did the AMEX first (checking the pre-approval first and then went for the business one first). I applied for everything on 11/4.

Interestingly enough some I applied for gave me the give us a few days notice, so I did not think I got approved, and then each told me to call (or called me) to confirm my information. Here was kinda how it went from my shoddy memory:

Applied on 11/4:

• AMEX Platinum Business (applied and given notice to call for additional info - called 11/5 and found out nothing else needed but for me to confirm my busienss structure - I put sole prop, but they noted my busienss name had LLC, and when i confirmed I am an LLC not a sole prop, but that there was no option for LLC she updated my app and then told me congratulations!)
  • AMEX Platinum Personal (Instant approval)
  • AMEX Blue Business Plus (applied on 11/8 due to the AMEX Platinum does not normally carry balances, and wanted an AMEX I could carry a balanace on if necessary - approval process same as AMEX platinum business, but I watched the online app status checker and it was almost a week and a half before it went to the next steps of them requesting me to call - I did not rush it, I just let it sit until they updated) - I was surprised they gave it to me - she noted I am an AMEX member, since she thanked me for being a long-time AMEX member, I did not correct her, just said thank you! I love my AMEX. LOL) 
  • CHASE Reserve Saphhire (Approved Instantly)
  • CHASE Ink Business Preferred (I had applied for this and the Chase United Card - they called me about the Chase United and went over everythign, she noted I had another pending application and I knew I wasn't getting the United card, so I hammed it up and said i was looking to obtain a card I could use for my business transactions and I would prefer the business one, but the United had perks I could also use for my frequest overseas travel. So she confirmed I was not approved for the United card, but let her see what she could do for me for the business card, she came back and said she approved me for the business card)
  • APPLE Card (Instant Approval)
  • Alliant CU CC (Instant Approval)
  • PenFed Platinum Rewards (This process is a little different, their online application goes through everything manually I think, I applied and a couple days later checked and saw it was approved, I did not have to talke to anyone, but I have a personal loan with them as well, so that may have helped (I honestly thought it wuld hurt me) and then it was cleared. Their process is pretty easy.)
  • Discover IT Miles (Applied and got a notice to call them a couple of days later and I did an talked to the nice rep and he asked a question or two and then approved me over the phone.)

All in all I lucked up, because I felt for teh ones I had to call or they called me, I was for sure thinking they could see my app spree (especially since I trief for multiple cards from the same companies (Mainly AMEX (5 applied for, got 3)and Chase (4 applied for got 2) they were the cards I did not get out of the full spree)

Starting Score: EQ644; TU633; EX632
Current Score: EQ704; TU714; EX707
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019
Message 16 of 17
NuMeNuDay
Established Member

@randomguy1 - Thanks! I ended up with almost 60k in new TLs/CLIs, it was totally unexpected, but grateful. I only have about $12k in CC debt left, and this was wodnerful on my utilization! 

Starting Score: EQ644; TU633; EX632
Current Score: EQ704; TU714; EX707
Goal Score: 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.